Chapter 79 - Shape Transformation Training - Final

Daichi was in his room meditating. He spent much longer than usual due to the mental fatigue he accumulated throughout the day. He wasn't at 100% but the pain and trembling throughout his body subsided.

"Haaa..." He let out a breath and got up.

He joined his grandfather as they ate their last meal for the day.

"I didn't think you'd successfully master it in such a short time." Even after all this time Kensei was amazed at the talent Daichi displayed. And it was evident in his voice.

Daichi nodded but he didn't say much.

"What's wrong? You don't seem satisfied!" Kensei asked the kid.

Daichi took a few moments before he answered. "It's just that... I did learn the second step of the technique... But I'm nowhere near mastering it."

Kensei quietly listened. Daichi gathered his thoughts and explained. "I did make the rubber ball explode but I had to concentrate hard and use up a lot of chakra. It took almost over a dozen seconds to make the ball blow up."

Kensei nodded as he understood Daichi's intentions. "So you want to reduce the time taken and refine your control over this step."

Daichi nodded. "Yeah!" 'Right now my chakra potency skill is only at level 51. I have to get it to 100 before moving to the final step. But that's easier said than done....'

"It's not just the time but you have to increase your chakra reserves as well." Kensei said to the kid.

Daichi looked at his grandfather. Kensei explained his thoughts.

"Only someone with above normal reserves would be able to properly use the Rasengan. To destroy the rubber ball, the person must have sufficient chakra reserves as well as have a strong chakra. So mastering the second step would definitely improve your chakra abilities. This kind of training forces your chakra coils to expand and it increases the power of your chakra as well. Giving an overall boost to your strength."

Daichi nodded with the assessment. He rested and didn't continue training that day.

Wednesday.

"Boom."

It was night time and the sound of a rubber ball bursting was heard. Daichi fell on his hands and knees gasping for air. He looked at the chakra potency skill.

'Level 60? That's it? I've only increased about 9 levels?'

Daichi then opened his stats and looked at the chakra stat. 'It looks like I was able to increase my chakra stat by another 4 points.'

Daichi tried to get up but wobbled and fell down...

"Aargh...." He grunted in pain as his palm touched the hard soil. Daichi looked at his right hand.

'Chakra burns... It stings like hell... And my whole body... Feels like sharp needles prickling on my insides.'

Due to the intensity of the physical punishment Daichi put himself through, even the physical endurance skill increased in level a couple of times. Daichi laid on the ground unable to move and in pain. At that moment Kensei walked towards him.

"I would tell you to take it easy and not over do it but... I know that's not your style!" The old man said with a small smile. He then kneeled beside Daichi and extended his hands.

"What are you...?" Before Daichi could even finish the question he saw the old man's palms lit up in green color indicating the use of medical Ninjutsu.