Chapter 195 - First B Rank Mission

Guy stood with his arms crossed and had his eyes on Daichi. He had an unusually serious expression as he looked at the boy. 'The fact that he asked the Hokage about collateral damages... He knew this was most likely the best option out of all the ones... The life of few for the safety of many. But will he make such a choice when it comes to other people?'

Guy's eyes then slowly drifted to his most precious student, Lee. As he looked at the boy and thought about all the things Lee said about his friend, the concerns Guy had vanished and his face softened. 'No. Daichi knows the difference. He's a good kid. His friendship with Lee is proof of that.'

Putting on a big smile, Guy stepped forward and spoke. "Daichi! Do you have a plan on solving this situation?"

At that the young gamer nodded his head. "Yes. There are a few ways we can go about this. We can drain the pond, capture all the native fishes and safely store them. Then kill all the Lampreys and look for any eggs that they might have laid and kill them too. Then refill the pond and bring the fishes back inside."

"But that will take time and lots of resources..." Tenten said as she thought about the logistics of such a plan.

Daichi nodded his head agreeing with her. "Yes. It is an option but not the best plan. The fastest way to solve this is to heat the lake to a certain temperature that kills the eggs and larvae of the lamprey and not harm the other fishes."

Guy nodded his head and stepped forward. "He's right. Sometimes a problem can be solved through careful planning, clever consideration, through patience or with brute force. But for delicate matters like this, one needs to apply brute force alongside a clever plan to make it a success."

"I have an idea and I need Neji's assistance." Daichi said as he looked at the Jonin and then to the Hyuga in the group.

Guy beamed and gave a thumbs up. "Alright. Let's hear your plan. Neji, are you ready?"

The Hyuga merely nodded his head and paid attention to the new teammate. Lee and Tenten also paid attention and wanted to know how they could help out.

Daichi began laying out his plan. "Neji, I need you to use your Byakugan and tell me the location of the fishes native to these waters. I'll create clones and capture them with my chakra strings and keep them at a safe distance. I know we won't be able to get everything but we can significantly reduce the damage to their population if we're careful and thorough."

Daichi then turned his attention to Lee and Tenten. "Once I heat up the lake you two will need to take the fishing net and scoop up the remains from the pond so that the corpses don't contaminate the water. Two people per net."

Lee looked a bit unsure at that moment since he didn't know water walking and Daichi immediately understood the problem. "Lee, you can hold the net from the shore and cover the perimeter of the pond. Tenten can cover the parts nearer the center."

"Not a bad plan Daichi." Guy said with a smile.

Daichi nodded and created over two dozen shadow clones.

Neji, Tenten were shocked to see the solid clones. Guy grinned as he looked at the number of clones that appeared. '27 shadow clones and he doesn't even look winded. His chakra is far bigger than those his age.'

Neji made the hand seal and activated his Kekkei Genkai. The moment he did, he was shocked to see how much chakra Daichi had. 'He has this much chakra? His reserves are even greater than Lord Hiashi.'

The shadow clones spread out all over the lake and stood in attention. Each one of them had chakra strings coming from their hands. With his heightened senses Daichi sensed most of the creatures swimming under the lake. The Chakra strings immediately moved and started to attach to their targets.