Chapter 111 - Leaving The Leaf Village

Daichi was in his bed after packing the necessary items for his journey. He asked for a few books and scrolls in Kensei's library and the old man provided them without hesitation. The different scrolls contained information on several fields of the ninja arts.

'This is gonna be my last night in the Leaf village for a while. I didn't expect things to go this route... Whatever the case, I have to be ready to face all obstacles that get in my way... Gramps said he had a medic who will train me. I wonder who it could be.'

Time flew by as Daichi laid on his bed thinking about the future. At midnight the rewards for the long running quest appeared.

[Ongoing Quest - 'Path to the strongest.']

[4th Year tasks successfully completed. Distributing the Special reward for clearing a dungeon. Distributing New Skill for successfully Improving at least 6 Skills to LV. MAX.]

[Special Reward.]

A-Grade Item Blueprint (2/3).

[Stealth - Passive/Active(LV.1): This skill increases your ability to move undetected. It also gives you the ability to perform actions unobserved or undetected. This skill helps with pickpocketing, sneaking around and lockpicking. Damage dealt to targets also increases when stealth is active. Holding breath increases the effects by a small margin.

Note: This skill is divided into 5 grades. Current grade: Average.]

[Effects:]

[Removes footstep sounds.]

[+2% Chance of successfully lockpicking doors, safes and containers faster.]

[+2% Chance of pickpocketing an unsuspecting target. (A skilled pickpocketer is less likely to be caught and more likely to loot valuables from the target.)]

[+1% Chance of successfully moving unseen and unheard. (Highly skilled sneak can even hide in plain sight.)]

Daichi's eyes slightly widened as he saw the new skill. 'A stealth skill. Definitely one I needed. I've been trying to get this skill for a while now. I can't always rely on my cloak.'

Daichi read the effects of the skill and came to a conclusion. 'I need to level this up fast. Right now it's not all that good but once it reaches a high level I'll be able to get in and out of anywhere... And it looks like lockpicking and pickpocketing are attached to this skill. Nice.'

Daichi then looked at the special reward. 'I still have no idea what it could be... But it seems only one more piece is needed. Since it's an A grade item it should be on the same level as Atamagai's cloak.'

"Time to get some shut eye. Tomorrow is a new chapter in my life." Daichi went to sleep with a small smile on his face.

The next day he woke up bright and early. He completed his morning rituals and workouts within a couple hours. He was then getting ready to leave.

Once he got dressed, he put on his backpack after double checking everything. Daichi felt a slight sadness as he looked at his room. It was his space ever since he came to this world. It was unknown why but Daichi always felt safe here.

He let out a short breath and headed down stairs. As he walked down the steps he could hear his grandfather talking to someone. Daichi couldn't recognize the second voice and was curious as to who it was..

'I wonder who he's talking to?'

Based on where the sounds were coming from, Daichi deduced that Kensei and the mystery person were on the front porch.