Chapter 49 - Battles in the 2nd Dungeon 02

Days passed with Daichi fighting enemies from several clans. His strength, speed and skills have all improved. Both his primary and special stats gained several points through the many fights he encountered. He gained another 2 levels and after fighting members of different clans he had an understanding of how they would attack and gained knowledge on their fighting style. Currently Daichi was engaged in hand to hand combat against an ordinary ninja. One not made based on any clans' genins.

[LV.35][Ordinary Nin]

HP: 3905 CP: 3000

[A ninja created based on a Genin who survived the Akagahara exam grounds. Although this enemy only knows the three basic Ninjutsu (clone, substitution and transformation) he is proficient in Shurikenjutsu and Taijutsu. He prefers to attack his enemies head-on instead of ambushing them. This enemy intends to kill you.]

Daichi blocked an incoming kick with his leg and sent a fast jab to the enemy ninja's throat. The ninja leaned back and grabbed Daichi's outstretched hand. Daichi realized that the genin was intending to break his arm. He quickly reinforced his hands and legs with chakra and swiftly sent a knee to the genin's chest.

The strength of the attack forced the dungeon ninja to loosen his grip on Daichi's arm. The moment the hold on his hand loosened, Daichi pulled his arm out of his enemy's grasp. With his hand now free, Daichi jumped back and threw several shuriken towards his opponent.

His enemy deflected all of them and aimed several of his own at Daichi. Daichi jumped right and evaded the projectiles. He failed to notice that one of the kunai cut a string on the tree behind him. Daichi heard the sound of several weapons being launched and immediately used substitution jutsu.

'He was trying to lure me into a trap. His taijutsu skills and shurikenjutsu are incredible. I haven't been able to seriously damage him even after fighting for 10 minutes. One of the reasons is my height. Since I'm only about 8 years old he has an advantage over me physically. He has longer limbs and thus a greater reach. Something I can only rectify with time. I need a way to take him down...This guy is like another version of Lee. The only reason I could withstand the blows was because of the damage reduction skills. But even that has its limitations.'

As Daichi was thinking of a plan to take his opponent down the ninja made his move. Creating 4 ordinary clones, the ninja rushed at Daichi trying to confuse him.

Daichi slightly smirked at the weak tactic. 'That's not going to work on me.'

He enhanced his nose and ears with chakra and found the real one amongst the afterimage clones. They resumed their fight. Daichi concentrated on the real ninja and wasn't distracted by the illusions. He ducked under a punch and tried to sweep his enemy's legs. The ninja jumped back, escaping the leg sweep.

Daichi quickly went through hand seals. "Lightning style - Overdrive." Daichi was getting used to this jutsu as he kept using it often during this dungeon raid. He bolted towards the genin and threw a strong fist which got through the enemy's guard.

-98 HP Enemy hit.

The genin skidded back while Daichi ran after him. The Genin took several shuriken and threw them at the small boy. Daichi veered through the ninja stars and reached his target. Both of them resumed their battle with neither giving the other an edge.

'Even though my enemies had higher levels I managed to win against all of them. But now I see that it was due to my speed. I was able to use speed and get through their defenses and take them down... But... In a pure Taijutsu battle, against a fighter with the same speed as me I'm only able to defend myself and barely keep him from landing any fatal injuries.'