Chapter 18 - Completing the First Month Training

You have got in tune with 5 of the 6 major senses of the human body. You have reached a special condition. Special stat Sense is opened.

You have unlocked a special stat.

Reward: +500 Exp.

+75 Exp.

+1 SENSE.

'5? I've only awakened 4. So what's the 5th?.... Ohh. Right!! Chakra must be the 5th. Since I'm living in a world where chakra is an essential aspect of the human body it's considered as another major sense.'

'Whatever. It makes things easier. I'll have to look into the last one as well. Sense of touch. But I don't have nearly enough knowledge on the human body to complete that. Guess I'll wait.'

Kensei was amazed as he looked at Daichi. 'To think he would learn those in a day... His talent is incredible.' He went back inside as Daichi started his physical training.

Daichi looked at the sun. It was about 4 in the afternoon. He trained his body some more for another couple more hours and got an increase of 1 point in strength and vitality stats.

He finished his training for the day and took a walk around the house. He was starting to enjoy the peaceful life here. He knew it wouldn't last when he graduated but he was happy.

He watched the fishes and the birds and enjoyed the view of nature. Daichi went to his garden and started watering the plants. The seeds showed signs of starting to sprout. He sat down near a tree and watched the sun set and its glorious orange rays slowly disappearing.

Kensei was sitting at the back of the house as well. He was keenly watching Daichi. His mind had a whirlwind of thoughts. He knew that if Daichi kept training he would improve but not at such a rapid rate.

'The exercises that had him wheezing on his first day are now nothing. In just a few days his body acclimated to the stress and improved. His strength has definitely improved and so has his chakra. It's more than double what he had when I met him.'

'And it's not just that. His talent is also unbelievable. He read the books I gave him and not only did he unlock his chakra but he learned to control and use it to strengthen his senses.'

Kensei compared the rate of progress Daichi had to himself at Daichi's age.

'I'm strong and I was at the top amongst my peers but compared to this boy I might as well be ordinary. He must have some exceptional physical constitution for such a fast improvement. I've heard that the Senju's had strong bodies and powerful chakra. Could this boy have Senju bloodline in his veins?'

'Should I have him tested? Find out if he is from someone who is a descendant of the clan?' Kensei immediately dismissed that idea.

'No. Whatever the case maybe, as far as the village is concerned, he is another ordinary orphan without any special lineage who got lucky enough to be adopted. But if I start making enquiries it would bring unwanted attention. And when they see just how talented he is, it could become problematic. Especially if Danzo takes notice. He will definitely try and take Daichi into the root forces.'

'Daichi will be starting the academy next year. Should I tell him to hold back... No. Let him decide what he wants to do. And if Danzo or anyone else starts to become a problem I'll deal with them ... .After all, I still owe him for what he did to my leg.' An unpleasant memory of a mission gone wrong came to his mind. Kensei slightly shook his head as if to get rid of the memory.

He sighed. 'Daichi still has a year. And as long as I'm here Danzo won't be able to get to him. And in the next 6 years I'll train him and make him strong enough to escape even a Jonin if necessary.'