Chapter 20 - One Year Training 01

Kensei and Daichi stood inside Kensei's library. The old man was going through several books and scrolls. After a few minutes he took out 2 scrolls and a box of shuriken and kunai and handed them to Daichi.

"These are scrolls on Taijutsu and shurikenjutsu. They're just the basics. And once you've completely understood them, we'll move on with the next one. This is the Leaf academy Taijutsu taught to the students. The clan children have their own styles and when students become genin their Sensei will teach them their own Taijutsu based on their aptitude."

"For now I want you to spend the week learning and practicing the stances of the leaf academy style. Once your body is somewhat used to it we'll spar. The next scroll is details on how to properly aim and throw your shuriken and kunai. Read it and practice. Let me see your progress after a week. We'll take it from there."

Kensei gave him the tools to improve himself and left.

Quest Created - 'Learn and Improve'

Learn the Leaf Academy Taijutsu and the basics of Shurikenjutsu and improve their skill. Time Limit: 7 Days.

Conditions:

Learn Leaf Academy Taijutsu and increase it to LV.3

Learn Beginner Shuriken jutsu and increase it to LV.3

Rewards:

1500 EXP

Rep increases with Kensei Yasaji.

Failure:

-1500 EXP

Rep decrease with Kensei Yasaji.

Daichi went outside and opened the Taijutsu scroll. He started reading and as time went by studied the different postures and body movements noted in the scroll.

Due to learning and understanding new information, you have obtained +1 INT

'Hmm... Based on what I understand so far, this Taijutsu style can be used as a base for a variety of other advanced fighting styles. And this style teaches the students to efficiently use the most strength in their body with the minimum effort. Each posture and stance maximizes one's stability and puts the most amount of power possible when attacking. This is definitely an excellent Taijutsu style for beginners.'

You have understood the basics of Leaf Academy Taijutsu style and thus gained [Leaf Academy Taijutsu]. Would you like to learn this skill?

Daichi wasted no time and accepted. His mind was filled with knowledge on the taijutsu style as if he had been using it for years.

Leaf Academy Taijutsu - Active(LV.1): A basic taijutsu style taught in the leaf academy. Increases the attack power and defense power.

Effects: +5% Increase in attack power.

+5% Increase in defense.

+4% Increase in speed

-5% Decrease in damage taken.

He opened the 2nd scroll and started reading. After a while he gained the skill 'Shurikenjutsu'.

Due to learning and understanding new information, you have obtained +1 INT

'This scroll details how to handle weapons, how to safely hold them and use them in combat. It even contains details on how to throw and what kind of wrist motions are involved for a good throw.'