Chapter 42 - Indomitable Stat and Atamagai' Cloak

"Hey dad." Shikamaru said sheepishly.

"I never would have expected you to be the one to cause me a headache. How troublesome!" Even though Shikaku said those words he had a small smile.

"So how much trouble are we in?" Shikamaru asked.

"You'll find out once you meet the Hokage." Shikaku answered. He then looked at the children of his former teammates. And then to the other three accompanying them.

"Ino! Choji!"

"Hi uncle Shikaku" Ino and Choji greeted him with a small smile.

"It looks like all of you had an exciting day. Come on. Let's head to the office." He said.

The group looked at each other and silently nodded. They decided to keep their mouths shut about Daichi and Yota. They started following the Jonin to the Hokage tower.

"By the way, don't worry about Daichi. I'll wait for him here till he gets back." Shikaku said wanting to see their reactions. And they didn't disappoint him. He internally chuckled watching their surprised faces.

"I should have known you'd know." Shikamaru sighed knowing his father probably figured out everything that's happened.

"Wait, you know about that?" Naruto was the first to speak.

"I do. As does the Hokage. Now come along. We don't want to keep him waiting." He said, leading the group back to the village.

—-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few minutes ago.

Daichi left after giving Shikamaru a nod. Since he was traveling without the group he was able to quickly put a great distance between him and the border.

'We crossed the river. So why hasn't the quest been marked completed?... Maybe we haven't gotten far enough yet...?' Daichi picked up the pace and kept going.

As Daichi was jumping across the trees he heard Yota's belly growl. He put his hand in his pocket and took out a couple rainbow dumplings from his inventory.

He didn't want anyone to know his inventory ability so this was how he took small things from his dimensional space whenever he was in public. A habit he made since his very beginning here. A habit which coincidentally saved him from the prying eyes of the hokage.

Daichi jumped and landed on the ground. He let the boy down from his back. "Here. Eat these. They're delicious. You'll need your strength." Yota ate the dumplings and had a smile on his face. Daichi could see that the snow around them had thickened.

Looking at the small boy, Daichi couldn't help but ask. "Where will you go?"

"I'll be free when I leave here."

"What do you mean?"

"You see, the truth is... I was already dead when I met you all. I was brought back to life by Orochimaru before I came here." Yota began telling him his origin.

"What?!" Daichi was shocked for a few seconds and then he calmed down. 'Oh! Right! This kid's a reanimation. I completely forgot about that detail in all this mess. He behaved like a normal kid so much that I didn't even think about it. I can't let him go back to Orochimaru.'

"Yota. Listen to me. Orochimaru is a very bad person. You can't go back to him." Daichi was completely serious.

Yota was smiling at Daichi as he heard him. "Don't worry. I won't."