Chapter 182 - Ryuga Hinoō

"Come. Sit, sit." At the Daimyo's invitation Hiruzen took his seat and his two ninjas stood behind him.

Despite being in front of the Daimyo of the Fire country, Daichi had been paying attention to the guards visible and invisible in the room. It was only after observing them that he paid full attention to the man sitting on the couch.

Daichi looked at the old man and he was slightly confused. 'Wait a minute... Now that I'm taking a closer look at the guy, he doesn't look like the Fire Lord I saw from canon.'

Daichi took a close look at the guy and recalled the face that was shown in canon. 'Yeah. That's definitely not him...'

The Daimyo looked to be in his late 50s but Daichi could tell he had a strong physique. He wore luxurious clothes that had gold and red embroidery. He had an oval face with long white hair and a goatee. His green eyes looked as if they were peering into one's soul.

The realization sent a jolt through the boy. Daichi immediately used 'Observe'.

[?] [Ryuga Hinoō] (Fire Daimyo)

[?]

'Shit! This guy is over Level 96? I know he's been the Daimyo of this country for several decades. So this change didn't happen because of me. That means... Is this some kind of alternate universe? Why is this happening?... And if this is different then what else is?'

The boy's face didn't show any expression and he looked calm. But Daichi was anxious inside. He felt he couldn't trust whatever canon information he had and it bothered him slightly. 'I've already made changes but in the larger scheme, things are relatively on track. At least that's what I thought... Now... It's good that I found out this now... I need to dig into the history of this world. I need to know what else is different.'

Daichi looked at the advisors in the room and they were civilians with no ninja training.

"I've spoken with Kenichi Garoya. Despite the man's less than pure intentions I've decided not to pursue the matter with him. The story passed down through his family is true. His ancestor did help save mine. And he did lead us to the treasure. So in a way I suppose I owed him." The Daimyo spoke as he recalled the short meeting with the man responsible for starting everything.

Hiruzen agreed with that assessment. "Yes. He has business across the nation. And he is a client that brings missions every year. It was a wise move."

Ryuga nodded and spoke with a smile as he looked at Hiruzen. "My people looked over everything your ninjas have recovered. All the items are genuine. They are indeed the ones stolen from all over the world. And based on the report we've recovered everything."

The Hokage smiled hearing that. "I'm pleased. That will help us during the negotiations. I assume you've already sent a message."

Ryuga nodded his head. "Yes. This isn't something that can be hidden. And I still clearly remember the conditions set forth by everyone."

He was silent for a moment and then continued. "The other Kages and Daimyo's will be sending their diplomats. They'll be here in a few days. Things will become hectic." He sighed and leaned back in his seat.

The kage nodded. He too knew the seriousness of the situation. "Yes. That's why I brought Nomoru Nara with me."

"You know Hiruzen, you could have given me a heads up about this sooner." Ryuga said with a small sigh.

"I know. And I apologize for withholding the information till the last moment but I couldn't risk anything going wrong. I hope you understand." The Hokage said with a small smile.