Chapter 24 - First day of the Academy

It was the morning of April 1st. Daichi and Kensei were walking down the road. Their destination - The Academy. It didn't take them long to reach the place.

Daichi was excited. He'd been waiting for this day for a long time. Both Daichi and his grandfather walked through the entrance gate of the academy building.

They saw dozens of parents and their children roaming the grounds. Kensei brought Daichi to the academy a week ago to get him registered. He answered some questions and completed some easy physical tests. After the teacher reviewed the results, Daichi was successfully signed on as an academy student.

Right now the entrance ceremony was about to take place. As the time for the ceremony to begin was nearing, the academy teachers instructed the new students to stand in several lines. The parents stood back watching the children stand in order.

Daichi was looking around the place. He spotted some familiar faces among the children and parents. He was using 'observe' and most of the kids were around 3-7 level. But they were mostly civilian children. Daichi spotted a couple of clan kids and they were around 7 and 8 level.

'Looks like those from the clan receive training even before joining this place. But that's to be expected. But even most of them only have a level of around 7 to 9. Looks like I'm the strongest in this batch. I guess all that intense training really paid off.'

Daichi, who was lost in thought, regained his bearings when the Hokage made his presence. He was in his usual attire with the traditional white robes and the Hokage hat on his head. He walked to the front and stood on the makeshift podium.

"Congratulations to all of you who were accepted into the academy. From this day forth, do your best to reach your goals to become a shinobi. You have a lot of hard work ahead of you on this journey. I expect great things and I know you'll do the leaf village proud. May the will of fire burn brightly in each and everyone of you."

Daichi was looking at the Hokage as he welcomed the students and for some reason he felt as if the Hokage was looking at him specifically during the end of his speech. He didn't put much thought into it as the instructors brought everyone to their assigned classroom.

The Hokage watched as the teachers took the children to their assigned classrooms. He was in deep thought as he looked at two particular students.

Hiruzen looked at Naruto who was slowly disappearing among the crowds. 'Minato... Kushina... Your son is slowly growing up. I know you would be proud of him.'

He then turned his attention towards Daichi. He was looking forward to Daichi's growth throughout the coming years. 'His chakra has increased by a wide margin. At least when compared to when I first met him. Show me just how talented you are, young Daichi.'

Hiruzen turned around and was about to leave but then he saw Kensei standing near the other parents. 'Should I go talk to him?' Kensei noticed the Hokage's gaze. A slight frown formed on Kensei's face and he left. Hiruzen let out a sigh and left the academy as well. 'Another time and place I suppose.'

The moment Daichi stepped into the classroom several notifications popped up. He took a seat in the back corner of the class and looked over the blue boxes that popped up.

Quest - 'Get ahead of your peers' Completed.

Rewards:

1500 Exp,

+1 Level

+3 To all awakened stat points

+1 LV. to all Skills