Chapter 167 - Daichi, the Medic!

It was around midnight and Daichi was still in his bed awake. He looked out the window and saw the village submerged in darkness.

'It's time. I shouldn't wait any longer.'

With that thought Daichi closed the open window and created a shadow clone. He took the invisibility cloak from his inventory and handed it to the clone.

"You know what to do. Go!"

The clone nodded and under the protection of the cloak left the building. The real Daichi laid back on his bed and soon went to sleep.

—-

The shadow clone swiftly moved through the area and quickly reached the lake. He walked on top of the lake, almost a dozen meters from the shore. Once he found a suitable spot he took out a special sealing scroll.

'This will do nicely. I'm glad I bought scrolls like this when I had the chance.'

He placed his fingers on the scroll and activated it with his chakra. Several seals appeared on it with the kanji for water in the middle. It was a sealing scroll that could store vast quantities of water. He placed the scroll on top of the lake and it began absorbing the spring water.

'My chakra sense and Mana scout doesn't show anyone around. Excellent. The less people know the better. The properties of this water are amazing. No wonder Kabuto sought it out. I can revise the Ration pill formula and create something even better with this. But it needs thorough research. I could also use this as an ingredient for Jin's cure...'

At this another thought popped up in Daichi's mind. It was something he's been considering for a while. 'I need to set up a lab. Learning medical ninjutsu from Lady Tsunade has certainly ignited a passion for research in me. I need to also use it for my other quests... A top tier research lab will definitely come in handy for me. But how do I build one?'

Daichi knew he wouldn't be satisfied with a regular laboratory. He was thinking about building one with advanced high tech equipment and machines.

'I need to find an ideal spot to set up my lab. I need the funding to buy the necessary items. And even then, the production and distribution of advanced medical equipment is monitored by every nation. If I'm not careful I could get into some serious trouble. And after creating my lab, I need to create adequate defensive measures... Argh... So many things to do.'

As he was making plans for the future the scroll he was holding stopped absorbing the water. 'It's filled to capacity. This will last me a long while. And even if I need more, all I need to do is come back here.'

Daichi closed the scroll and placed it in his inventory. Since he was a shadow clone he couldn't take things out of the inventory but he could place items inside.

'Time to make my exit.'

Daichi cut the flow of chakra to his feet and immediately fell into the lake. As he submerged, he took off the cloak and quickly placed it in his inventory. Once the cloak disappeared he released the jutsu and vanished.

—-

Kakashi and his student were in front of the elder of Tonika village. Along with his guard Jeno there were a few others there with him as well.

"We've looked over trade deals proposed in the scroll and we've come to a decision. We will accept the terms. I have signed the scroll." The village head spoke with a smile as he gave the scroll to the Leaf Jonin.

Kakashi took the scroll and secured it. "It seems our mission here is done. We'll be on our way then."

"Thank you for the hospitality." Daichi slightly bowed.