Chapter 159 - Battle with Kakashi 03

Training ground 3 was slowly becoming a warzone. Sparks were flying as weapons collided in the air. The ground and vegetation were getting destroyed as the two high level ninjas fought each other as if their lives depended on it.

Daichi was running through the forest evading and deflecting the sharp weapons coming at him. As he gripped his dagger and deflected another shuriken he found his enemy. 'There.'

Finding Kakashi's location, Daichi increased his speed and rushed at him before the man could escape. Just as Daichi was on top of Kakashi a Rasengan formed in his hand.

The man saw Daichi coming a mile away. With the Sharingan he saw how Daichi's chakra was beginning to gather in his hand. 'So he's going to use that huh.'

The Jonin went through the seals and the next second Kakashi's arm lit up with lightning chakra. He focused his energy and increased its power. It looked like both of them were about to clash in a Ninjutsu strength contest but something else happened.

Kakashi smirked and instead of directly confronting Daichi's Rasengan he tilted his body to the side at the last possible moment and caught Daichi's wrist in a firm grip. Without wasting a second on useless banter he thrusted his lightning coated arm to Daichi's chest.

His intention wasn't to pierce through Daichi but to incapacitate him. Kakashi swiftly placed his arm on Daichi's chest and before the boy could retaliate, the Jonin sent lightning throughout his student's body electrocuting him.

"Grr..." Daichi gritted his teeth for a few seconds before vanishing in a puff of smoke. The man's eyes narrowed at this revelation.

At that moment he felt several chakra threads connecting to his back and the next moment he had a taste of his own medicine. Daichi was standing a few feet behind Kakashi and was channeling lightning chakra through his chakra strings.

Daichi ran lightning through the man's body for several seconds. But the next moment the Kakashi in front of him turned to lightning and through the chakra strings connected, reached Daichi and struck him.

Feeling electricity course through his body, Daichi couldn't hold on anymore and vanished in a puff of smoke. Silence came as the short fight ended and the two fierce ninjas vanished.

Memories of the two clones came to Daichi who was on the other side of the forest. 'That guy. He tried to fool me into thinking that he thought the one with the Rasengan was the real deal and was trying to knock him out. A feint in the hopes that I would personally show up to attack him from behind. Too bad for you it was a clone that did that.'

Kakashi, who was hidden deep in the earth, realized that his trap failed. He had switched with a lightning clone at the moment Daichi's clone vanished and was waiting for his chance. 'So he didn't take the bait huh... Almost 4 hours have passed since the test began. I can't slow down now. I need to push him and not give an inch.'

The Jonin ninja, using Earth Burrow Jutsu, moved beneath the ground and came up a short distance away. Once on top of solid ground he took several deep breaths and steadied himself. 'I need to get back into shape. I can't believe I let myself slack off so much since I left the Anbu. If a kid like him could force me to this state in just a few hours... Che! This is embarrassing. But no time to think about that now.'

Kakashi took a small whiff and he sensed that the stinky smoke had largely dispersed. 'Time to find the little brat.'

He sent chakra to his nose and ears and expanded his senses. He crouched down and placed his hands on the ground and closed his eyes as he concentrated. Several seconds later he began sensing his enemy.