Chapter 12 - Hiruzen and Daichi

Daichi quickly calmed down. 'Thank you Gamer's Mind.' He immediately bowed and respectfully greeted the Hokage.

"It is an honor to meet you, Lord Third Hokage." He straightened and looked at the old kage.

'Observe.'

[??] [Hiruzen Sarutobi] (Hokage)

???

Daichi wasn't surprised his 'observe' didn't reveal anything. 'The third Hokage! Holds the title 'God of Shinobi', 'The professor', and more. A powerful kage even in his old age. Need to be careful with what I say.' All of these thoughts flashed by in an instant.

Hiruzen chucked. "My... What a polite child." He had a gentle expression on his face. "Are you alright young one? Why were you crying?"

Daichi was surprised to hear the question. "Crying?" He brought his hands to his cheeks. He could feel the remnants of tears on his fingers.

'He didn't even realize it.' Hiruzen wanted to know what would make a young child feel such a strong emotion.

"It's nothing lord Hokage. I was just thinking about some things." Daichi replied not wanting to give away anything. 'I need to be cautious.'

"That must have been some pretty deep thoughts." Hiruzen walked forward and stood next to him. Both of them looked at the village.

"What do you see?" He asked after a few seconds of silence.

Although the question was simple, Daichi knew it was anything but. He was quiet for a few seconds and gathered his thoughts. He could give the normal answer. The one expected of a child his age.

Suddenly an idea came to his mind. A crazy wild idea that if it worked would help him immensely.

After a few seconds of contemplation he made a choice. He was going to take a giant gamble. If it succeeded, it would help him through the years to come. If it didn't... he didn't even want to think about that. With steely resolve in his choice, he replied in four words.

"Peace, harmony and sacrifice."

'Definitely not an ordinary child.' "Tell me more. What do those words mean to you?" The aging leader was curious about the mentality of the child near him.

Hearing the question Daichi slowly took a breath and after a moment let it out. He wanted to be absolutely sure and careful of the words he was going to say.

"I read about some of the history of the time before the founding of the village. The warring era. A time when everyone fought each other with no mercy. Anyone who wasn't one of them was considered an enemy and would be killed. Even children."

Daichi paused for a moment and continued. "But all of that changed when the Senju clan and the Uchiha clan put aside their differences and joined together to form the village. A safe place where their descendants could grow up without fear of death. A place where people could call home and their children could grow up happily. The world followed their example and peace was achieved."

Taking a short pause, Daichi continued.

"Then when several clans all over the land, who wanted to experience that peace joined the village, and each clan working together with the singular goal of protecting the village, it brought harmony."

The Hokage turned to look at the child. His face gave away nothing as he listened.

"And finally... Sacrifice...The ninjas giving their lives in battle to preserve the peace and safety of the village. Like the first, second and fourth kages did." Daichi turned to look at the kage. "That is what I see when I look at the village".