Chapter 184 - Interlude - Around the World 01

"The items recovered will be returned to their original owners. But since we're the ones who found the treasure, the monetary reward for finding the items as per the original negotiations must be handed over first." Nomoru Nara said as he looked at the other diplomats.

"What about the one who stole the treasure? What is the identity of the Phantom thief?" The diplomat from Sand village asked.

"His identity is irrelevant as he died months ago." The Nara replied.

"How can you expect our cooperation if you can't even reveal to us his identity? What are you trying to hide?" This question came from the man who represented the Stone village. He had an aggressive air as he looked at the leaf ninja.

"He has a point. How do you expect us to believe that the Leaf village had nothing to do with the Thief if you don't reveal who he is... What deceitful tricks are you trying to pull..." A man with dark skin who wore the head band of the cloud village asked.

Nomoru narrowed his eyes at that question. "This coming from the man from the village which orchestrated a fake peace treaty to get at one of our clan heirs..."

"Careful with your words Nara."

"I could say the same for you." Nomoru took several documents that were on his side and handed them over to the others in the room.

"Those documents contain the dates and locations of all the places the Phantom Thief hit. He stole from the Fire country just as much as he did from the other nations. And during the 3rd war his actions forced the Hokage to divert some forces from certain areas which allowed your village an advantage in the battle... Do you really think if the thief was from our village and acting under the Hokage, he would make a move like that?"

The diplomat from the Cloud village was silent as he looked at the event in question. "Maybe it was a ruse... And as I recall, that battle ended in your favor."

"Not without avoiding casualties. The robbery that happened here 4 years later... Do you really think the Daimyo would show mercy for an insult like that? The Hokage has spoken with the Fire lord and it was his decision that the identity of the thief not be revealed. Not because we want to hide something but because of what will happen to his family. The thief is dead and his family had no idea about the double life he led. They are innocent."

"Getting back to the distribution of all the items. How long do you expect that to take?" The Sand village ninja asked.

"As soon as the conditions set forth by the Kages are met, we will return the properties..."

"682 million. That's a lot of money." The ninja muttered and looked at the documents on two Leaf ninjas who uncovered the treasure.

'Kakashi Hatake and Daichi Hekima. Based on the report it was the Genin Daichi who solved the puzzles that led to the identity of the thief... Another talented ninja growing in the Leaf.'

The sand diplomat sighed and moved on with the negotiations.

—-

It took a few days but with the Daimyo overseeing the meetings, it all soon came to an end.

Hiruzen bid farewell to the Fire Lord and made his way back to the village. Meanwhile the Fire Lord Ryuga Hinoō was having tea and relaxing in his garden.

"My Lord, Did you really want that Genin to Join the ranks of imperial guards?" Ryuga's closet advisor asked him.

"Even though it was a spur of the moment decision, I wanted to see his response."