Chapter 38 - The Mysterious child and Chakra Training

Ino, Shikamaru and Choji reached the treehouse.

"Yota... Where are you?... It's us. Come out to play?" The three called out to their mysterious friend.

"Yota... Are you asleep? Wake up! It's us..." Ino called out to the person.

Suddenly a small skinny boy popped out of the tree leaves.

"Ino! Shikamaru! Choji! You're here." The boy was smiling looking at his new friends. He then jumped onto a smaller tree branch and laughed.

'Now who is that kid? I don't remember him from the original series.' Daichi thought and tried to recall any information on the boy.

At that moment the young boy named Yota saw Sakura hiding behind a tree looking at them. He looked at her for a few seconds and then called out loudly.

"Forehead!"

Sakura, startled by the shout, slipped and fell. Daichi chuckled looking at the comic scene taking place. Shikamaru and the other two turned around and saw Sakura.

"Oh? You're..." Choji exclaimed.

"Sakura!? What are you doing here?" Ino asked.

"How troublesome." Shikamaru sighed, rubbing his head.

"Ow Ow Ow..." Sakura slowly stood up and looked at her classmates. Just then the little kid ran to Sakura and called out. "Forehead!"

He laughed and ran around her having fun. Daichi was watching the scene from several trees behind. As he looked on, he felt something land on his head. He looked up and his eyes widened. It was snowing.

'Snowing? At this season? Something is strange with the weather.' Daichi looked ahead to the laughing child. 'I'm guessing he has something to do with this.'

Daichi stepped out of his hiding spot and went to his classmates. He saw them noticing his presence.

Shikamaru heard footsteps and tilted his head. It was then he saw Daichi walking towards them. Choji and Ino also saw him coming.

"Daichi!? How did you get here?" Shikamaru asked defensively. He was aware of how serious Daichi could be. He was also aware of his strength. Shikamaru had an understanding as to what makes most of his classmates tick. But he didn't know what to make of this particular one.

Daichi came near them and stopped. "I saw you guys stealing food from the students at the academy. I got curious and followed you guys here."

Shikamaru almost facepalmed upon hearing this. 'Of course he'd notice. We should have been more careful.'

"Grumpy face." The little kid named Yota said pointing at him. Daichi took a good look at the kid.

He was a small skinny boy with tan skin. He had spiky brown hair that reached his waist and short bangs hanging over his eyes. He had a wide smile on his face and Daichi could see a sharp tooth sticking out of the right side of his mouth. He was wearing a full green robe with a brown cloak.

It was at that moment Daichi noticed something strange with the kid's eyes. 'Those eyes... He has black sclerae...' It only took a few seconds for Daichi to know where he remembered that from.

'Reanimation jutsu!!? Don't tell me he's a reanimated zombie.'

Daichi had a serious look on his face. He instantly used 'observe' on the boy.

[LV.?] [Yota]

Age: 8

HP: ?? CP: ??