Chapter 168 - Military Tactics

The two Leaf ninja were on their way back to the village. Watching Daichi find the root of the woman's illness and create a treatment so quickly still amazed Kakashi. It was yet another reminder that the boy was the apprentice of one of the Sannin.

"How did you diagnose her condition so quickly?" The Jonin asked out of curiosity.

Daichi had a small smirk when he heard the question. "My medical ninjutsu techniques are far more precise and thorough than everyone else's. The only one who could match my skills or have even greater proficiency is Lady Tsunade. The second I scanned her body, I knew there were foreign particles inside her. Those particles are almost impossible to detect by anyone else. It's why the other medics failed to recognize what was wrong with her. And during my scan I found that her veins started clogging up first and her chakra system was being attacked after. That narrowed down the cause and the rest... Well, you saw."

Kakashi nodded and looked ahead. 'People dedicate their whole lives to learn and become proficient in a certain field. But this kid... To him, it was as if learning Medical Ninjutsu was just a side project...'

The man still remembered the day he met the boy and the discussion he had with the Hokage after. 'An immeasurable talent with a rapid growth rate... He could very well become kage level in a few years if he keeps going at this rate.'

The duo moved through the trees without stopping. They didn't encounter any resistance or bandits on their trip. Several hours later they reached the village gates and notified their arrival at the gate guards.

—-

Hiruzen was listening to the mission details. Kakashi recalled everything that happened and quickly gave an oral report.

Once the Jonin was done the kage nodded his head in approval. "I see. So that's how it went huh. Well done Daichi. You've completed the mission and you saved someone's life. Tsunade would be proud."

Daichi smiled and gave a short bow. He received the quest completion notification and soon the two of them left the Hokage's office.

[Quest 'Delivery Mission to Tonika Village' Completed.]

[Rewards:]

[7000 Exp.]

[1050 Exp.]

[Reputation slightly increases with people of Tonika Village.]

[You have leveled up.]

'Yes. Level 51. I need to complete high ranking missions and increase my experience... I also need to think about the next dungeon I want to enter.'

As Daichi was making plans Kakashi spoke.

"Take a day off to rest. The day after tomorrow, meet me at the training ground at 7am. We'll go over some battle tactics and team formations." Kakashi said those words and the next second vanished in a puff of smoke.

'So military tactics and strategies huh. Hmm... I'm looking forward to it.'

Daichi headed back home and spent the remainder of the day just enjoying himself. He visited Naruto and the gang the next day and spent some time with his friends catching up.

—-

It was almost 10am and Daichi's senses picked up the scent of his teacher entering the forest. He opened his eyes and stopped his meditation when Kakashi got near.

"So what are we doing today?" Daichi asked the man.

"You're not even curious as to why I'm late?" The Jonin looked at the kid.