Chapter 105 - Conquer the Castle

Daichi spent his time training and improving his skills. He refined his techniques and concentrated on increasing his chakra volume. Daichi gained several points in several stats over the course of the last few months.

Kensei had returned home after 3 weeks. Daichi noticed that his grandfather was in a better mood when he returned from the trip. He didn't pay much attention to it and chalked it up to the old man's business doing well.

Daichi kept his promise and sparred with Sasuke at the end of every month. Both of them noticed the Uchiha's improvement. Daichi's goal was to subtly influence Sasuke and have him not become a threat to the village or him. It was slow but over the course of a few months there were some small changes.

Several months passed and Daichi mastered the first step of the water walking skill and was half way through the second step. He and his clones used their chakra and pushed it forward from their palms. The water in front of him stopped off for several seconds before it resumed its fall.

Skill Water - Waterfall control technique's level has risen by one.

Skill Water affinity's level has risen by one.

Daichi dispelled the clones. He felt the immediate fatigue enveloping his body.

'Level 50. Slow, but it's not a problem. By the time I become a Genin I'd have all 5 chakra natures mastered.'

Daichi sat down and meditated. He felt the cool water splashing on his body and he felt refreshed. After an hour of deep meditation Daichi got up and went back home.

He was in a bit of a dilemma. 'Now that the October exams are over I have 2 weeks before class starts for the second term... Should I do an instant dungeon or should I try the academy dungeon?'

In the Instant dungeon or Key dungeons the player can stay inside the dungeon for as long as he wants and only a few seconds would pass in the real world. The strength of the enemies would depend on the color of the keys, so one can estimate the strength of the strongest opponent they might face in the dungeon.

In a Location Dungeon, once the dungeon is activated it will be open for a year and will close after 365 days. There are several restrictions to the dungeon as well. Moreover, the enemy could be weak or unbelievably strong.

After weighing the pros and cons and the fact that he would be leaving at the end of March, Daichi decided that starting a Location Dungeon would be just a waste. He took out the key to the Kikyo Castle Dungeon key.

'This thing used to be black but now it's red. So my opponents will be 15 to 30 levels higher than me... My strength has grown considerably. I can do this!'

That night Daichi waited for the clock to reach midnight and he took out the key. He clutched it in his hand and activated it. He felt the familiar sensation and in seconds landed on the stone floor.

He looked at the hallway and he was surprised at what he saw. The hallway was much larger than the ones he encountered in the other dungeons and this had artworks and gold colored lining throughout the walls. Daichi slowly walked and brushed his fingertips against the exquisite patterns on the wall.

'Wow... It feels like I'm in some sort of a castle. But then I suppose that's stating the obvious.'

You have reached the entrance to the dungeon - Kikyō Castle.

Would you like to enter? [Y/N]

"Yes!"

The key rotated and the door opened. He stopped through the door and was surprised. Several meters in front of him stood a large castle and there was nothing else in the surroundings.