Chapter 143 - Back to the Leaf Village

Leaf Village - Hokage Office:

Hiruzen was looking over the information Tsunade sent regarding Daichi.

'So he wants to take the Genin exams huh. Hmm... This is certainly unexpected. I thought he would wait another year and graduate with his class but it seems I'm wrong... With his skills and knowledge, he's certainly qualified.'

Hiruzen let out a sigh and leaned back in his chair. 'There isn't any point in denying him the chance... But this complicates my plans. Since Daichi has a good relationship with Naruto and Sasuke, I was hoping he would be the third member of the team but there goes that plan... I suppose I'll have to modify my plans a bit. I also need to see if there is anyone in the current graduation class that's compatible with Daichi's skill sets. And I need to pick a suitable instructor. But who?...'

Hiruzen pondered on this question for a while. 'I need to assign a Jonin capable of handling his growth. And one that can effectively teach him.'

At that moment the image of a figure popped up in his head. 'Hmm... Yes. He might be a good choice... I'll also need to contact Iruka. I'll have to let him know of the situation.'

Fire Capital.

Daichi and Kensei were at the Slug Sannin's apartment. Tsunade had a serious expression as she looked at her student. "What's the sudden interest in this case Daichi?"

"I want to know the true cause of his illness. Aren't you curious? I know I am. Is it a new type of disease or if he was poisoned or is it something else... I have to know. If even you, the best medic in the world, couldn't figure it out, then it must be something significant." Daichi replied.

"Tsunade, what can you tell us about Jin's condition?" Kensei asked the blonde woman.

The woman let out a sigh and answered. "Jin has an unknown disease that attacks his lungs, heart and body muscles and weakens them. The reason I say unknown is because I've done a thorough checkup on his body and I couldn't find anything that points to a problem. I took blood samples, biopsied tissues from his lungs, heart and even took some bone marrow. I've tested them against every disease I could think of and nothing. Even the blood work is normal. It's as if his body decided to give up one day and started attacking himself."

"Could it be some kind of autoimmune disease?" Daichi asked.

"No. The tests came back negative. And none of the treatments worked on him."

Daichi was quiet as he listened. "What about poisons?"

Tsunade shook her head. "I've done a toxicology test. Everything came back negative. I couldn't find any foreign content within his body. I've analyzed his body right down to the cellular level... I couldn't find anything wrong. Like I said earlier. It's as if his body is attacking itself without any cause."

"But that should be impossible."

"Yes. I agree."

At that, Kensei narrowed his eyes. "Do you have a theory?"

Tsunade was quiet for a few seconds and then replied. "This is only just my theory and I don't have any proof, but I believe he was poisoned."

Kensei was shocked when he heard that. "What? But you just said he wasn't."

"I said I couldn't find anything. But that doesn't mean it isn't there."

"What makes you think it's poison?"

"Because I've never seen something like this before. And a disease like this at his age. There must have been a trigger that set it off. It's the only thing that makes the most sense." Tsunade replied drink a some sake.