Chapter 139 - Training in the Land of medicine

The 3 medic ninjas entered Denjiru's home.

'Observe' Daichi quickly used the ability to get a read on him.

[?] [Denjiru]

?

'Wow. I can't read his level. So then this guy must be some kind of elite Jonin. Based on the wrinkles on his skin I'd say he's in his late 40s. And I can't sense his chakra presence.'

The lack of information from his observation skill and what he sensed or lack thereof had Daichi on his guard.

"I have to say. This is a surprise. I didn't expect to see you here Tsunade. Especially after the stunt you pulled with me." The man known as Denjiru spoke.

"Would you believe me if I said I felt sorry and wanted to see my old friend again?" Tsunade had a smile as she said that.

Denjiru didn't look amused. "No. I wasn't born yesterday..."

The Sannin sighed and then sat down on a nearby chair. "I'm looking for Shinji. Last time we spoke he said he'd be here. But it's been several years since then. And since you're his closest friend I figured you might know his exact location."

The blue haired man chuckled. "You're a year late if you're looking for Shinji here. He's gone. Since he was on borrowed time, he went to 'explore the world' as he said, about a year ago."

Tsunade slightly scowled as she heard that. "Damn. That man is like a chameleon. It'll be damn hard to find him once he disappears."

Nodding his head in agreement, Denjiru then turned to Shizune and Daichi. "I remember Shizune but who's the kid?"

Daichi stepped forward and introduced himself. "Hello sir, my name is Daichi Hekima. I'm Lady Tsunade's student."

The man raised an eyebrow at that and turned to look at the blonde haired woman. Tsunade just smirked and shrugged her shoulders as if it wasn't a big deal.

"Well I was here for Shinji but since that's a bust, I'll move on with my other plans. It was nice seeing you, Denjiru."

With those words Tsunade left with Shizune and Daichi following behind her.

"Who was that guy?" Daichi was curious about their relationship.

"He is someone I met a couple decades ago. He's a medic ninja. And a competent one at that. But he disliked the violent shinobi life and came here to live his life in peace."

"What was with the money you gave him, Lady Tsunade?" Shizune asked.

Tsunade had a sheepish expression as she replied. "I may or may not have duped him out of 400,000 Ryo and skipped town."

The two students just sighed at their master's antics.

The three soon found a decent Inn and settled down.

"Daichi. I had planned on having someone train you in special Taijutsu style but that plan is now scrapped. Along with your remaining medical training I'll be teaching you how to use my super strength. I'm sure you can incorporate it into your style."

Daichi nodded in agreement.

"For now, just explore the village. But don't cause any trouble."

"Yes sensei." With that Daichi left the place.

He looked around and saw several apothecaries. 'This place must have a treasure trove of information on herbs. I need to learn it all.'

Daichi then thought about the things he had to complete this year. 'I need to find a waterfall to complete the second step of the wind nature chakra. And if there isn't one, then I need to find a remote place and make one. I'll also need to find a dungeon. Getting to level 50 with one dungeon would be ideal but if not, I'll have to do a second one.'