Chapter 162 - Trust & Truth 02

The grin on Daichi's face vanished as he heard that question. He kept silent and looked at his sensei.

'What do I tell him? Me remaining silent is already an answer to that question. Gramps told me that knowledge of the Root organization is known only to the upper level ninjas and even they don't know the full details.'

Daichi recalled the conversation he had with Kensei after his encounter with the Root ninjas.

Flashback.

"Did they have any kind of identification marks?" A concerned Kensei wanted to know every detail he grandson could recollect about the attackers.

"No. They also only used the standard jutsus. There was nothing in their techniques that pointed to any clan or organization." Daichi replied.

He kept a calm face but internally he was unhappy about lying to the man. Daichi apologized to Kensei in his heart for the deceit. 'I'm sorry Gramps. But I have plans for those bodies. And I can't reveal info that I got from Observe.'

Kensei was silent and after a few minutes spoke as he went over what just happened. ''Since we don't have concrete evidence, their real identities will remain unknown but I'm positive they attacked you under Danzo's orders. Based on the information and their strength they are most probably Root ninjas."

Daichi nodded. ''What do I do now?''

''For the moment, nothing. Hiruzen won't let something like this slide. And since the attack failed Danzo would definitely not plan another. Not with the scrutiny he'll be under.''

"You said that knowledge of his organization exists on a need to know basis. Since an academy student like me shouldn't be privy to information like this, what do I do in the event that the Hokage questions me? I'm not sure I can lie and get away with it."

"You probably won't. Tell him the truth. I'll take the blame. If Hiruzen questions you, tell him I'm the one who told you about him and his agents."

Daichi slowly nodded.

Flashback End.

Kakashi was intently looking at his student's expressions. 'So he knows. But will he admit it?'

Daichi let out a sigh and replied. "Yes. I do."

"How?"

"My old man told me. The wrong attention that I said I wanted to avoid. It's from the man leading that organization." Daichi replied.

The Jonin ninja sighed hearing that. "So you know about Danzo..."

The boy nodded. "Kensei told me some things about him. It didn't paint a pretty picture."

Kakashi nodded. He knew what Daichi was talking about. 'That man came after my Sharingan once. So I have no doubt he would go after someone like Daichi.'

"Very well. Since you answered my questions honestly, I suppose it's only fair that I do the same."

Daichi was surprised. "Wait. Don't you want to know anymore? Like how much I know about him and The Root ninjas?"

The Jonin shook his head. "No. I'm sure Kensei told you everything you needed to know."

Daichi kept silent at that. He then repeated his earlier question. "What was the real reason behind this test?"

"That unwanted attention you wanted to avoid. I'm afraid it's too late for that."

Daichi's eyes narrowed. "So that Danzo guy is coming for me."