Chapter 98 - Sense Evolution and Skill Progress

Days went by as Daichi trained and honed his skills. His main focus was leveling up his sense skills. They would evolve once they reached level 50. Daichi concluded that evolving those skills would help with completing part of this year's quest. He was training in the forest near his home. He was in the middle of a battle with his clones and after sometime he got a few system notifications.

[Skill Superior Hearing's level has risen by one.]

[Skill Superior Hearing has reached level 50. Evolving skill.]

[Skill evolved into Acute Hearing.]

[Acute Hearing - Active/Passive(LV. MAX): A skill obtained through evolving the skill Superior Hearing. This skill is a LV. MAX skill with various effects. The hearing of the user is sharpened and becomes more acute. The user can increase the range of his hearing as he needs. But this has limitations.]

[Note: Negative side effects associated with having a more sensitive hearing does not apply to the user. Gamer's Mind will neutralize negative side effects of sensory overload. With training more and more effects can be added onto this skill.]

[Effects:]

Gives the user the ability to focus hearing to a certain area or filter out everything but the wanted sounds.

The user is able to determine the location of the target with more accuracy.

Range of hearing depends on the user.

CP Cost depends on the user.

[Congratulations. You have successfully trained a skill to its highest level.]

[500 Exp.]

[75 Exp.]

"Wow!" Daichi couldn't help but exclaim out loud. He read the details of the evolved skill and was impressed.

'It says I can add more effects to this skill with training. And unless I'm mistaken there doesn't seem to be a limitation to the number of effects that can be added. I'm guessing the only limitation is it must have something to do with hearing... Interesting.'

Reading the gamer's mind's negation of any negative side effects also brought a smile to Daichi's face.

'If the Gamer's Mind negates sensory overload for this skill then it's possible it will do the same for other evolved skills.' Daichi concluded.

He then thought about the memories of Naruto winning against Kiba during the chunin exams.

'I don't care what anyone says. That was a pathetic way to win. Thank God I don't have to worry about anything like that.'

Daichi then used the new skill. He only slightly focused and he could hear far better than before. Daichi tried out his new skill and he quickly learned how to discard unwanted sounds and focus on what he wanted to hear. His range was much better than before and when he focused his chakra it, the range of his hearing expanded.

Daichi felt that the chakra used to increase his hearing was negligible.

"Wow. This is truly incredible. Is this what those with super hearing feels like... I can hear almost everything in this forest." Daichi spent a while getting used to the skill.

A short while later he stopped and decided to evolve the rest of his senses. After learning what an evolved skill can do, he was even more eager.

The next sense he was going to evolve was superior smell. Daichi took several small stones that he coated with unique scents. He jumped high up in the air and threw them deep into the forest. He landed a second later and then closed his eyes and concentrated chakra to his nose. There were many scents in the forest, of plants and other small animals. The stones were only coated with a very weak scent so Daichi would need absolute focus and concentration.