Chapter 16 - Chakra Control and Body Conditioning

Daichi got up just as the 6 am alarm went off. His body was getting acclimated to the routine. He completed the morning rituals and got ready for an intense training day. He only had a month to impress Kensei and he had to show some massive improvements from his first day.

He put on his black sunglasses and went downstairs and saw his grandfather sitting outside meditating.

"Morning kid." Kensei greeted him.

"Morning Gramps. When did you get up?"

"Half an hour before you did. So what's your plan for today?"

"I'm gonna be training the whole day. Chakra control exercises and some strength training." Daichi said.

"Why are you wearing those glasses now?" Kensei was a little curious.

"That's because I really like them. And I decided I'm not going anywhere without them. Plus it makes me look cool." Daichi gave a cheeky reply.

Kensei sighed. 'Kids today...' He went back to meditating.

Both of them were at the back of the house. Daichi went to a tree and picked a few leaves and then sat down.

'So he's going to try the leaf concentration technique. Let's see how long he can hold it.' Kensei discreetly paid close attention to Daichi.

Meanwhile Daichi sat down under the tree and calmed down. He concentrated and stopped thinking about unnecessary thoughts. Letting a few slow breaths in and out he looked at the leaf in his hand. And then he gently brought the leaf to his forehead.

Daichi held the leaf against the center of his forehead and concentrated his chakra to that spot. He felt his chakra moving. Within moments the leaf stuck to his forehead and he let go of it. After a couple of seconds several notification boxes appeared.

Their appearance distracted him and the leaf fell down but Daichi was happy.

[A new skill is created with a specific action.]

[Through continuously concentrating chakra to stick a leaf to your forehead, the skill 'Leaf concentration technique' has been created.]

Leaf concentration technique - (Active/Passive)(LV. 1):A skill obtained through continuously focusing chakra to stick a leaf to a part of your body. A basic technique to help the user's mind focus and Increase chakra control .

Effects : 

 +5% increase in chakra control.

CP cost : 10/sec.

-2% CP cost to chakra techniques.

'He managed to learn it quickly. But still... compared to the civilian kids this might be good. But this is still average compared to the clan kids. Now that he's learned it, the question is how long will he be able to hold it and how far can he increase it.'

Kensei was neither disappointed nor impressed. This result was normal when compared to kids born of shinobi parents. The difference in talent comes from how long he can keep this up and how quickly he can improve.

Daichi was quickly calculating how long he could stick the leaf to him before his chakra ran out.

'Right now I have 319 CP. So with a 10 CP cost that gives me roughly 32 seconds till the leaf falls... Half a minute Huh.'

'And this isn't taking into account my chakra regeneration. Right now my chakra is regenerating 5CP per minute. Not considering the buff of lesser chakra regeneration skill.'