Chapter 64 - Testing the Mana Skills

"Oohhh my head..." Daichi groaned as he slowly opened his eyes and became aware of his surroundings. He was laid down on a mat on the porch of his house.

"You woke up much faster than I expected." The voice of his grandfather came from near him.

Daichi turned around and saw Kensei in his usual clothes, meditating. Kensei had changed into a more casual attire during Daichi's forced nap.

"How long have I been out?" Daichi asked.

"About 20 minutes. Your body is much stronger than normal and you have an abnormally fast recovery speed." The old man said. He didn't move or even open his eyes. His chest slowly rising and falling was the only movement Daichi saw.

Daichi then looked at the spot where the knife was stabbed during the end of the battle... He saw smooth clean skin at the place where a bleeding hole should be. It didn't take a genius to figure out what happened. "You healed me."

"Yes I did. It wasn't a critical wound. Now get freshened up and come down. We have much work to do."

Hearing his grandfather's words, Daichi got up and went to his room. He saw the system messages piled up on the side and he started going through them one by one.

Skill Leaf Academy Taijutsu's level has risen by one.

Skill Shurikenjutsu's level has risen by one. x2

Skill Physical Endurance's level has risen by one.

Skill Strong Hit's level has risen by one.

Skill Chakra Thread's level has risen by one. x2

Skill Danger Sense's level has risen by one.

Skill Chakra Enhancement's level has risen by one. x3

Skill Chakra Flow's level has risen by one. x2

Quest 'Battle Kensei Yasaji' Completed.

Rewards:

20000 Exp.

New skill: Demonic Illusion - False surroundings technique.

Reputation increases with Kensei Yasaji.

'Hmm... Seems a few of my skills have leveled up...Looks like I didn't get the bonus rewards. But I suppose successfully completing this quest is enough for now.'

Daichi clicked on the new reward skill.

Demonic Illusion - False surroundings technique. - Active(LV.1): A simple illusion technique that alters the appearance of a nearby object or surroundings.

Rank: C

Type: Genjutsu

Hand Seals: Rat - Monkey - Horse - Hare.

CP Cost: 210 CP.

[Note: The range of this technique can vary from short to long depending on the user's chakra control and proficiency.]

'A Genjutsu huh. And one that places an illusion on the surroundings according to the caster's wishes. Something tells me that's going to come in handy one day.'

Daichi reached his room and stripped down. He found that his clothes had been torn up and there were small blood stains in several places. Discarding the rags he went to take a shower. His mind was still on the fight even as the cold water cascaded down his body.

'The old man had a counter attack for everything I threw at him. The chakra strings I used to tie him up were cut apart with chakra coated kunai. His shurikenjutsu was so skilled that I was never able to land a solid hit on him. And his taijutsu... For an old guy who lost a leg, he sure can put up a fight. Every strategy I used was useless...'