Mad

You get angry with your boyfriend, Ansel...

"ANSEL!" You call.
"What? What?!" He comes running into the room, buttoning up his white shirt. He's getting ready to go out to a meeting with some co workers.
"Do you know what today is?"
"Uhhhh Wednesday?" He smiles sheepishly. "Look y/n, I have to get going."
"I--" you start to snap at him before stopping yourself. "Fine! Go!!
"What did I do?!" He exclaims, surprised.
"You really don't know?!"
"I don't!"
"Figure it out!" You scream at him, knowing you shouldn't be acting this way, but feeling hurt because he doesn't seem to care.
"Y/n will you calm down?!"
"I will not calm down, Ansel!" You step toward him and he flinches. Pushing your way past him, you run and lock yourself in the bathroom.
You hear him shuffling around outside and eventually leave, slamming the door.
You sit down on the cold tiled floor. You honestly can't believe he forgot your one year anniversary. Sure, most guys don't remember that stuff, but this is Ansel you're talking about. He's remembered every single one of your big something-aversaries. One week, two weeks, one month, six months. And all those small things like, "five months since we first met" or "two months since our first date". It's insane that he actually forgot the most important date ever.
You hear your text tone and pull your phone out of your back pocket.

Babe I'm sorry xx I love you <3

You're not sure whether to reply, but in the end you text back.

Ansel, do you know why I'm mad?

A few moments later, he replies.

I'm sorry baby.

You shut off your phone angrily and slam your fist against the bathroom floor. Wincing, you cradle your hand and rock back and forth. Before you know it, someone is banging on the bathroom door. You must've dosed off.
"Y/n!!" You hear desperation in Ansel's voice.
Glancing at your phone, you see dozens of texts from Ansel. Each one growing in panic.
"Y/n!!" He yells again, his voice breaking.
"Ansel, I'm fine," you get up unsteadily and open the door to see a very panicked Ansel with tears pouring down his face. He immediately envelops you in his strong arms and hugs you tightly.
"Oh my god y/n I was so worried I'm so sorry I'm so sorry I forgot our anniversary and oh my god I was so scared," he cries, making you start crying as well. You'd never seen him like this.
"I'm sorry, Ansel. I overreacted," you choke out, closing your eyes and pulling him closer.
"No no no y/n I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I was so busy and I'm so sorry oh my god," he sobs. "I just-- I was so scared, y/n. I thought I'd lost you."
"Ansel," you turn your head to look up at him. "I shouldn't have acted that way but I was just scared you didn't love me or something. I mean, you're too good for me and--"
"Y/n." He cuts you off. "Of course I love you. I love you more than anything. What are you talking about?? You are perfect, y/n. You're too good for me."
"It's just this year has been surreal and I just feel like all this -- and you -- are too good to be true."
"Stop y/n." Ansel pulls away and looks at you. "I love you so much baby. I will never stop loving you."
"I love you too, Ansel." You smile up at him. He gently pecks your lips before pulling you back into a hug.
Kissing the top of your head, he rubs your back and whispers, "You're my whole world, y/n."