Building Houses

Requested by arrows24 xx

You live in Hawaii, but your life is far from paradise. Diagnosed with lung cancer and homeless, the only potential light in your life is the charity people coming today to help build homes for other people like you...

Ansel's P.O.V.

"You're here to build houses. Don't get sidetracked," I tell myself as I catch myself staring at the beautiful girl—you—again. You glance toward me, and our eyes meet. I blush, and you give me a wave, a beautiful smile on your face. "Hi!" I holler without thinking, and you start toward me. Oh shit what do I say?
"Hello," you say, touching the cannula in your nose self consciously.
"Hi," I reply, extending my hand. You gently shake my hand, blushing a bit. "I'm Ansel."
"I'm Elyea," you say with a smile. I've never seen a more beautiful smile. I could just stare at you for hours if you'd let me.
"Nice to meet you." I find myself staring at your face, as if I'm trying to memorize every feature. After a moment, I blurt out, "I love your hair." Smooth.
"Oh, thank you." You blush, looking down. Your black pixie hair makes you look like an adorable fairy—or perhaps more appropriately, a pixie. "I like your hair, too," you giggle, making me smile. Your laugh is infectious—I can't imagine anyone resisting smiling when you laugh.
"Thanks," I chuckle before thinking. "Hey, would you like to grab a bite to eat later?"
"Together?"
"Yeah. Like a date?" I ask hopefully.
"I would love to go on a date with you," you reply with a smile. And that, was the start to a beautiful relationship.
Who knew I'd fall in love? I thought I was just here to build houses.

Such a corny ending, but I actually liked it lol
Apologies for the shortness xx