What Do You Say?

You haven't seen your best friend, Ansel, in years. With his hectic work schedule and your busy life, you just couldn't find the time to meet. But one day, a letter arrives from him...

Dear y/n,

Hey. I know it's been forever, and we haven't really spoken since, what? Like, 2 years ago? I'm really sorry I haven't kept in touch. I really care about you, and I don't want to lose you. You might wonder why I'm suddenly writing you, but don't worry. I have a very good reason.
Remember that time we went to the fair and got on the ferris wheel together? That was 5 years ago. I remember it so well. You'd been hesitant because you don't really like heights a whole lot. You hated how you'd been so "girly" about it, as you'd put it, but I thought it was adorable. Once we actually got on, the way you looked at the sights around you and said everything was beautiful...that was beautiful. I could't even see the things around us because nothing was as beautiful as you. It was in that moment that I realized I was in love with you. I am in love with you, y/n. And I was too chicken to say anything for fear that you didn't feel the same way. So I kept my love for you hidden away—god I'm so lame. That was so lame. Anyway, I wasn't able to tell you my feelings on the last day we saw each other, and I've regretted it ever since. I would have sent you a letter long ago, but again, I was scared. I'm still scared, but hey. You only live once. If you're not willing to put your heart out on the line because you love someone, what's the point? And as Augustus Waters said, "It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you."
So, my number is the same. Call me. What do you say?

Ansel

A/N
The execution was bad, but I like this letter idea lol
What do you guys think?