Dinner (Pt. 2 of Laundry)

You're at a new vegan restaurant with your boyfriend, Ansel...

"This looks so good," he says, pointing to the vegan chocolate cake.
"We haven't even had our meal yet," you respond with a laugh.
"It's never too early for dessert," he jokes, and you roll your eyes playfully. Flipping his menu back to the main course page, you shake your head as he whines. You look at your menu, trying to decide from all the choices.
"This looks amazing," you say, pointing to the chickpea curry.
"What about this, though?" he responds, and you look at what he's pointing to.
"Mabo tofu—that looks so good, too," you sigh contentedly.
"I can't decide," he laughs, and you chuckle.
"Let's get both and share," you suggest.
"Yeah. Let's do that," he responds, and you call over a waitress.
After you order, Ansel reaches across the table, taking your hand.
"What?" you ask, a smile playing on your lips.
"Did I tell you that you look gorgeous tonight?" His brown eyes sparkle, and you feel your heart skip a beat.
"No," you mumble, blushing and looking down.
"Well, you look absolutely stunning. I can't get over how beautiful you are," he replies, making you blush more.
"I feel like you just like to make me all flustered and a blushing mess," you giggle, brushing your hair off your face.
"Well, I do like complimenting you, and I love when you get giggly and cute, so," he replies with a shrug, a smile playing on his lips.
"God, you make me such a mess," you groan, your stomach erupting in butterflies as you cover your face.
"I can't help it!"
You laugh, uncovering your face and looking at him.
"You're just too adorable," he adds, and you smile giddily. He always makes you so happy, and you feel like you're the luckiest girl in the world.
After a while, your food arrives, and as promised, you split it between the two of you.
"This tastes even better than it looks," you say as you try the curry.
"Same with this," he replies as he takes another bite of the mabo tofu.
"We should come here again," you muse, smiling as you watch him eat.
"Yeah. And stop staring at me," he laughs, and you chuckle.
"You're cute when you eat," you respond.
"Thank you?" he responds uncertainly, his brown eyes shining as he smiles, a blush creeping onto his cheeks.
"Mhmm," you hum, taking another bite of your food. "Got you back. You're blushing."
"Oh shush. I'll get you again next time," he replies.
You roll your eyes playfully before responding, "I know you will."

A/N
AND NO I AM NOT GOING TO THROW VEGANISM IN YOUR FACE
Because I am a vegetarian not a vegan so I will throw that in your face
IM JOKING
I'll become a vegan at some point
Let's end that there shall we I'm derailing so fast