Park

You're cooped up at home, and you feel like you need some fresh air...

"Ansel, do you want to go for a walk?"
"A walk?"
"Yeah. I'm tired of being in the house," you laugh, grabbing your bag.
"Same, though. Let's go," he replies. You walk out the door, locking it behind you. Ansel takes your hand, and you smile, breathing in the fresh air as you walk.
"This is so nice."
"It is," he says. "Do you want to grab a drink or something and walk with it?"
"Okay, that sounds like fun," you say with a chuckle. You walk over to the nearest coffee place, getting two iced coffees. You walk down the street together, hand in hand.
"We should do this more often," he says as you walk toward the nearby park.
"I know, right? We should go on a picnic sometime!" You take a sip of your drink.
"That would be awesome," he agrees. You walk into the park, sitting on the nearest bench together. You put down your drinks beside you. You rest your head on his shoulder, and he wraps his arm around you. A squirrel races across the path, and you watch it climb up a tree at a rapid pace.
"Do you ever wonder what animals are thinking?" you ask him.
"Sometimes, yeah. Why?" He sips his coffee, glancing at you.
"Like that squirrel just now. I wonder what he was thinking when he ran across the path and climbed up the tree." You laugh, brushing your hair behind your ear. "Maybe he has a family? That'd be so cute."
"That's true. He could've been rushing home because his wife said—" he checks the time on his phone before saying, "be back before 2." You laugh, and he chuckles, kissing your forehead softly.
"Or he could've been rushing home because he was hungry and couldn't wait eat."
"He could just eat out," Ansel responds.
"Oh but his wife would scold him because they're on a tight budget," you laugh.
"But his friend at the nut-diner gives him free meals every—what day of the week is it?"
"Saturday."
"Yes, Saturday." He bursts into laughter, his eyes closing tightly as he laughs.
"We make a good pair," you giggle.
"That we do," he responds, kissing your forehead again. You smile before pressing your lips to his. He smiles against your lips, putting his hand on your face. "I love you," he mumbles, making you giggle softly.
"I love you, too."