Tell Me You Love Me

Requested by FCREVERARIANA xx

Lightly based on Tell Me You Love Me by Demi!!

You're with your fiancé, Ansel...

"Are we ready?" he asks, looking you. The words sound like a broken record.
"I'm ready," you say, looking into his eyes. He seems unsure.
"I don't think we are," he replies, his expression one of conflict.
"Ansel, I love you. You're the only one I want," you say, pleading with him at this point.
"I love you," he says, but he looks uncertain.
Days pass in the same fashion. One of you does something, and the other gets mad. You say things you don't really mean. You keep fighting and fighting, but every single time, you're yelling that you love each other.
"We aren't ready," Ansel says, and you feel your eyes brimming with tears.
"Yes we are," you plead.
"Then why are we fighting every single day?" he asks, his voice rising slightly. You shrink away, and his face softens. "I'm sorry," he says quickly, but you shake your head.
"I love you. That's all I know, and that's all I need."
"Baby, I don't know if that's enough," he says, and you look into his eyes.
"What are we to do, then?"
He looks away, sitting down on the bed and letting out a breath. You sit beside him, and he puts an arm around you. You lean into his side, closing your eyes as you breathe in his comforting scent.
"I don't know," he finally says, and you feel your heart drop.
You make up for the day. You both love each other; you both know that.
Time passes, and it grows closer and closer to your wedding day. The fights are getting worse, yet neither of you calls off the engagement.
It all passes in a blur until suddenly, it's time. It's your wedding day.
You're so filled with emotions that you can't even process everything that's happening. Things are all a blur. You're walking down the aisle.
Ansel is standing there. You love him so much. It's all you need.
You reach him, your heart pounding in your chest.
He smiles as he looks into your eyes.
You know you're ready.
"I love you," you say softly, and his smile falters, making your heart drop. "Ansel?"
He looks down, taking your hands in his. He doesn't say anything but looks to you once more.
"Ansel?" You stare into his eyes, trying to read his thoughts. "Tell me you love me," you whisper almost inaudibly.
His grip on your hands loosens. Your hands fall to your sides, and your heart falls into your stomach.
"I'm sorry. We aren't ready," he says, and with that, he walks off.
You're left standing at the alter, your heart completely shattered.
"I love you!" you scream, but he doesn't even look back. You start after him. "Ansel!"
He doesn't even flinch.
"Tell me you love me!"

Your heart is broken. The love of your life walked away from you, never to be heard from again—or at least that's what you thought.
One day, a full two years after that fateful day, you're at the mall.
You're browsing the stores, your mind still wandering to those times you were with Ansel. You haven't spoken in two entire years, and yet, he still has your heart.
You're in the clothing aisle when you see a familiar shirt. You go over to the rack, and you nearly gasp. It's the same shirt that Ansel had always worn to bed. You can't believe they still sell it.
You find a size that will fit you. How healthy this is—you're trying to buy a shirt that your ex used to wear.
Suddenly, you hear a familiar voice: "Hey."
You look up and meet his chocolate eyes.
"Ansel," you whisper, your heart pounding.
"It's really you," he says, his eyes brimming with tears.
You can't even form words. You're so in shock.
"Ansel. What are you doing here?" you ask after what feels like forever, looking him over. He hasn't changed at all.
"I could ask you the same thing."
You just look at him. The shirt is forgotten as you step forward. You reach up, touching his face, almost as if to check if he's real.
His skin is warm under your fingertips, and you feel a rush of emotions.
"I still love you," you whisper. He looks into your eyes. "Tell me..." you whisper. It's like a broken record.
"I love you. I never stopped loving you," he says, looking into your eyes.
"I think that was the problem," you say as he puts his hand over yours. "Sometimes too much love can be a bad thing."
He smiles slightly. "Yeah." You don't stop looking into each other's eyes. "I'm sorry."
"Me, too."
You understand why he did what he did. He was able to see things more clearly than you were able to. It wouldn't have worked then. But now, after two years, maybe it will.
"Do you want to try again?" you ask softly, and he nods wordlessly.
"I love you," he says.
"And I love you."

A/N
this is very
different
but anyway thank you for being so patient while my life collapsed upon itself and started to rebuild
I was so busy and a complete mess for a while but I'm alive!!