Strong

Requested by Elyea ( arrows24 ) <3

*TRIGGER WARNING*
You're stronger than you think, bbys. I know you can get through this.

"Elyea?" you hear Ansel's voice and jump. You're sitting on your bathroom floor, blade in hand. A fresh cut lines your wrist, and you rush to cover it with a towel.
"Ansel! Hey!" you reply, your voice shaking.
"Where are you, Elyea?"
"Ummm. In the bathroom?" you respond, trying to figure out what to do with your blade.
"Can I come in?" you hear his voice right outside the door.
"No!" you say quickly, your voice breaking.
"Are you ok, baby?" he asks worriedly.
"I'm fine!" you squeak, pressing the towel harder to your wrist, trying to stop the blood.
"I'm coming in." The door, which you'd forgotten to lock, opens, and he comes in. You freeze, and he gasps. His eyes dart from the blade in your hand to the towel against your arm. "Elyea," he says sadly.
"I'm sorry," you say, looking down. Ansel walks over to you, takes the blade from your hand, and pulls you into a hug.
"It's not your fault, baby," he whispers in your ear, and you feel his tears fall onto your shoulder. You sob into his chest, and he rubs your back soothingly. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you."
"Don't—"
"I should've been there for you. I should've known. I'm so sorry, Elyea," he cries, burying his face in your shoulder.
"This isn't your fault," you choke, your hands clenching his shirt tightly.
"Look, baby." He pulls away and looks into your eyes. "Promise me you won't hurt yourself ever again."
"Ansel I—"
"You're so much stronger than you think, Elyea. Promise me."
"I promise, Ansel." You drop the towel and hug him again.
"We're going to get through this together, okay?" he says softly, holding you close, making you feel safe in his arms.
"Okay."

Hope this makes you feel better. Remember, hurting yourself is never the answer. Your family and friends love and care about you so much. You can get through this. I love you so much.