Colors

This is a bit of a different one, and it's told in the third person.

In a grey world with no color, he showed her everything in a different light...

"Hey there."
She turns toward the voice, and for the first time in her entire life, she sees color. She doesn't understand. Everything around him is the same, but he's bright. He's glowing. She can see the green of his shirt. The black of his jeans. The blue of his shoes. The brown of his eyes and hair. Although she doesn't know the names of the colors she sees, she still knows that this is special.
"Hi," she finally says after what feels like an eternity.
"You're in color," he whispers, coming over to her, and she blinks.
"You, too," she responds, a smile forming on her face.
She'd heard of this, but she'd thought it was just a myth. A fairytale that people told their kids. Until now.
"Really?" he asks, touching her hand. It feels like a spark runs through her, and she gasps. He doesn't let go, his eyes widening. They look around in awe. Everything is in color. The grey is gone, the veil of ash lifted.
"Yes," she murmurs, looking to him once more. "Everything now. No more grey."
"You see it, too," he says softly, a smile forming on his face.
She nods, tears in her eyes. It's finally happened. "I thought it was all a myth," she whispers.
"Me, too," he replies, taking her other hand in his. Her heart beats faster, but it's not because of all the color.
"You're my soulmate," she says, and he nods.
"And you're mine," he replies, squeezing her hands.
"I can't believe this."
"I can't, either."
"What happens if we let go?" she asks, and his face softens.
"I don't even want to find out," he admits, making her cheeks flush. He never thought he would get to see a girl blush—let alone such a beautiful girl.
The rosy pink of her cheeks is mesmerizing, and he finds himself staring at her.
"Me, neither," she says after a moment, looking up at him again. "But just for a second." She drops his hands, and everything fades to grey once more. Everything but him, that is. He still glows brightly with color, as does she to him.
She takes his hand once more, and the world floods with color.
"This is really happening," she says softly, and he nods. "I've waited for this day my entire life."
And so she had. As had he. But now, they don't have to wait anymore, for they've found one another at last.

A/N
This was inspired by the OneRepublic song "Colors" like damn their songs are beautiful