Lights

For Elyea ( arrows24 ) xx
Stay strong, love!!

You're in your room when...

Plink!
You look up from your homework and pull out one earphone.
Plink!
There it is again. Taking out the other earphone and pausing your music, you stand up and go over to your window. You pull the curtain back enough to look out the window, and you squint at the shadowy figure standing in your yard.
"Elyea!" he whisper-shouts, loud enough where you can hear him through the glass. You crack open the window, and he pulls off his hood so you can see his face.
"Ansel, what are you doing?" you ask, and he grins.
"I'm rescuing my princess. Come on," he says, gesturing for you to come outside.
"I'm in the middle of—"
"No. No. You can do that tomorrow. I can help you. I know you're not feeling great, so come with me," he says before you can protest. You have to admit that he's right, and you know that he can make you feel better.
"Okay. I'll be down in a minute."
After grabbing a jacket and your bag, you're out the door and running into Ansel's arms.
"Hey, princess," he says, kissing the top of your head.
"Where are we going?"
"We're going for a drive. I have some food in the car," he replies, taking your hand and starting to walk toward where his car's parked on the street.
"How'd you know how I was feeling?" you ask as he opens the passenger-side door for you. You climb in the car, and he goes around to the driver's side before hopping inside.
"Call it the soul-mate's-intuition," he jokes, making your face warm.
"Thanks for coming," you say softly, and he starts the car.
"Of course."
He pulls out onto the road and starts driving. Turning on the radio, he says, "Grab the bag from the back seat."
You do, and looking inside, you find all your favorite snacks and even some small Disney plushies.
"Oh my god," you laugh, pulling out a few of the dolls. "Really? Plushies, Ansel?"
"You like them, don't you?" he teases, and you roll your eyes playfully.
"Well of course I like them. As a matter of fact, I love them," you respond, smiling at him. "Thank you, Ansel."
"You're welcome, Ellie," he replies. "When I can't whisk you away like this, they'll keep you company and make you smile." He glances at you, his brown eyes sparkling.
"That's sweet," you say with a laugh, already feeling so much better.
After driving for about twenty minutes, talking all the while, Ansel turns onto a slightly bumpy path through some trees.
"Where are we going?"
"Just a special little place that I discovered the other day," he replies mysteriously.
Five minutes on the path, and the trees clear to reveal a ledge overlooking the city. Ansel parks the car a few meters from the edge before stopping the engine and hopping out. Going over to your side, he lets you out, taking your hand like a prince might help a princess out of a carriage.
"Thanks." You blush, making him smile.
"You're so adorable when you blush," he comments, making you blush even more.
"Shut up," you giggle, and he chuckles.
"Come on. Let's look at the city."
You walk to the edge, and you can literally see your entire city. The lights of the city are small but beautiful, making you think of the story behind each light—is that light one of a home with a happy family? Is that light one of store?
"It's gorgeous," you breathe, and he wraps an arm around you.
"Makes you think, doesn't it?" he says softly before kissing your temple gently. "All these lights and buildings. All these people." He pauses. "They all have their own stories, their own small happinesses," he says slowly, his voice quiet, as if he's deep in thought. "Can you think of a small happiness, Ellie? For you, personally?"
"You," you immediately reply, making him smile. "You're more than a small happiness, though."
"I feel the same way, Ellie," he says, wrapping both arms around you and pulling you into a warm hug. You bury your face in his chest, breathing in his scent. "I love you so much."
You look up, meeting his eyes. He leans in, kissing you softly and making butterflies erupt in your stomach. "I love you, too," you mumble against his lips, making you both smile.
It might not be easy to recover—to be okay—but it's not impossible. And with small (and perhaps some larger) happinesses, it's absolutely possible. You just have to remember to see them.

A/N
I hope you liked ittttttttt
and that last part
like idk if it made sense like it made sense in my head but I just mean that it's totally possible to be completely okay and happy one day and you just gotta remember to notice and appreciate the little things to keep you going
if that made sense