Home Again

Requested by arrows24 xx

You're coming back home from being deployed in Afghanistan...

Countless letters and calls are just not the same as seeing him. It's been three whole years since you've hugged him. Will he still love you? Is he still the same? You don't know.
You walk up to your door. Letting out a breath, you put your bags down before knocking. He isn't expecting you back, so you don't want to just walk in.
"Coming!" he calls, and your heart starts to beat faster. You're going to see him. Finally, you're going to see him.
He opens the door. Your heart is beating a mile a minute. Your eyes meet, and his expression changes immediately. You don't think you've ever seen anyone look so surprised and ecstatic at the same time.
"Oh my god, Ellie," he breathes before sweeping you off your feet. You wrap your arms around his neck and jump. He catches you easily, and you bury your face in his neck. He smells so good, just like you'd remembered.
"You're back," he says, his voice thick.
"Are you crying?" you ask, and he laughs.
"Maybe." He pulls away so he can look at your face. "God, I missed you so much." He smiles before pressing his lips to yours. You can taste the saltiness of his tears, and you find yourself crying a bit, too.
"I missed you, too," you mumble against him. You smile, feeling the happiest you've felt in years.
"You're here? This isn't a dream?"
"I'm here," you giggle as he finally lets you down. He pulls away to look at you.
"You're even more beautiful than I remembered." His eyes search your face, and you feel your cheeks warm. "I love you so much," he says, his brown eyes sparkling.
"I love you more," you respond, smiling at him.
"Not possible," he tells you. He lets out a laugh and wipes his face. "Look at me getting all emotional."
"It's cute," you tell him, wiping your eyes.
"You're cute," he replies, and you blush slightly. "Come on, let's get inside."
He grabs your bags, and the two of you go inside.
"Oh god, I missed this place so much," you say, looking around your house.
"I've kept it in good shape for you, as you can see. I haven't burned it down or anything," he jokes.
"I can see that," you respond wryly.
"I got you something. Hang on," he says, suddenly running up the stairs.
After a moment, he returns with a box.
"I saw this in the store, and I just had to get it for you," he says, handing the box to you.
You raise an eyebrow as you open the box. You pull out the paper, revealing the beautiful black dress underneath.
"Oh god, it's gorgeous," you breathe, pulling it out of the box. He takes the box from you as you admire the dress.
"I knew it would look amazing on you," he says, making you smile.
"I love it. Thank you," you hug him with one arm, careful not to wrinkle the dress.
He laughs lightly before kissing you. You smile against his lips.
You really thought this would be the most amazing day of your life, but it's turned out to be even better than you'd hoped.

A/N
hope you liked it!!
Agh this makes me think of my crush dhbxnxbdhd