Chapter 4

Come on Thompson! I said as I put my bullet proof vest on and clipped my gun on my hip. We was about to be out in the fields all day! We had so many house calls to get through.

You driving Ray? He asked throwing the keys at me.

No you are, here! I said giving them back to him.
I grabbed my clip bored and attached my walkie talkie to my vest.

I went and signed us out and he called it over the radio to dispatch. He opened the truck door for me and I got in. Our first stop was Mr. Mitchell house. It was bright and early. 8am! When we arrived to the address that he gave me it was in this really nice neighborhood. The house was huge. It looked like it could be a mansion. The three other officer cars pulled up behind us and we got out. I knocked on the  door hard. Just before I was about to make my second knock the door flew open. He answered the door with no shirt on and some gray Nike sweats on.

GoodMorning Mr. Mitchell! I smiled. I could tell he just woke up. "Hands behind your back!" I said directing him to turn around. I cuffed him and we walked into his house. "Which way to your livingroom?"

To the left! He said nodding his head. I held his arm as we walked to his livingroom. The boys started to get to work. The objective was to make sure this was his correct address and go through his house full search to make sure there was no weapons, drugs, or alcohol or anything that can violate him and send him back to jail.

What you couldn't wait to see me or somethin?! He smirked sitting down.

Don't flatter yourself! You got anything that's not suppose to be here?

No, go ahead look through the whole house!

I am! Don't worry!

If you don't find anything can we go on a date?

Officer Ray! Thompson called out getting my attention. He had an annoyed look on his face.

Hold that thought! I said moving from in front of him. I went over to Thompson and he led me away from him a bit.

He's flirting with you to try and get you off your A game. Don't fall for it!

What!?

I heard what he just asked you!

Here you go butting in and listening to things you shouldn't! You know your really gonna piss me off with that!

I'm just saying don't lose your job trying to be cute with a convict!

Are you threatening me?

No I'm just saying!

Saying what Thompson?

Look I'm looking out for you that's all! The guy clearly likes you.

Oh really? And you got all that from thinking you heard something that you really didn't? Cause If we gonna talk about anything or anybody losing their job I would love to tell the fact that you still harassing me to go on a date with you. And lying about sending me flowers that you didn't send!

Im sorry, I...look I just want the best for you! That's it. Im sorry!

Whatever Thompson!

We clear! House is clean! An officer said coming down the stairs.

Checked every where? Addicts? Basement? Outside and around the house? Cars?

Yup every where he's clean!

Ight, thanks boys! I walked over to Mr. Mitchell and he smirked. I pulled him up to his feet and uncuffed him.

I see this nigga gone be a problem in our relationship bae! He said with laughter.