Chapter 14

What's this? Carter asked picking my phone up from the counter.

Oh I was just looking for some jobs?

Jobs? What you need a job for?

What you mean? Bills, life in general!

I'll drop a bill on you right now, you ain't never gotta worry about a job another day in yo life.

Baby thank you I love you, and I love that you wanna spoil me but I've always had a job and...

And nothing baby we got enough money to last us a million life times. But I support you if you wanna get back to working. What you thinking about doing?

I don't know! I always seen myself in the criminal justice field I loved what I was doing as a PO...

I'm sorry baby, you ever thought about being a lawyer or something. Shit yo ass good as fuck in arguing a muthafucka down.

No (I laughed) you think so?

Hell yeah! I can see you doing some shit like that. Plus ima need a lawyer again I'm sure! Or you can come be my assistant!

Your assistant?! I laughed.

Yeah, sit on my desk all day look sexy as fuck! You can be my lil passenger princess when I'm
Making drops and shit!

Bye whatever you play too much!

I'm serious (he laughed) but I'm bouta go I got some shit to take care of I'll be back but don't wait up.

Okay be safe!

You know I am!

Mmmhm! He smirked and kissed me bye than kissed the girls. They finished their food and I finished washing dishes. I got the girls ready for bed than CJ.
I was so tired already so I couldn't wait to get in bed.

I felt coldness come over my body as I was dead sleep. I just thought maybe it was Carter coming to bed. I felt the covers being pulled off me. "Bae stop!" I wined annoyed.

Baby! Cut it! I was getting annoyed now. I opened my eyes and immediately was shocked. My hands was grabbed and tied together as two men in ski mask tied them up and tape put over my mouth. I was trying to scream but one of them punched me in my face so hard I felt the blood running from my nose gushing and my eye starting to swell up.

I was thrown on to my couch. My baby girls was tied up crying on the other couch and CJ was just laying on the floor crying. I tried to get up again but I was getting beat. Hearing the screams of my daughters was killing me inside. I could feel the barrel of the gun to my head as I was curled up.

From the corner of my eye I could see guns to my children's heads. My heart was racing I'll die to protect them. The door opened and Carter came walking in. He drew his gun so fast and a shot left off hitting two guys that had guns to the girls heads. I closed my eyes tight cause I knew the guy who had the gun to my head was about to kill me just off the strength one bullet kilt two of his dudes.

His gun jammed and Carter shot at him. Harmony picked her brother up and ran up the stairs with I'lan. They was so scared and crying so hard.

I was pulled to my feet by a rope rapped around my neck so tight I thought it was bouta die by strangulation. My eyes bulged out my head.

Yo bro I gotta piss real quick! I heard a voice say Hendrix came around the corner and he reacted. He pulled his gun and started shooting at whoever was strangling me. Two shots let off and Carter fell to the floor.

I want this nigga alive! Someone else said. I fell to the ground as Carter moaned in pain. I was coughing and gasping for air. Hendrix was hit in the back of his head and so was I. Everything went black...