Chapter 43

CARTER P.O.V.

I left roses at Asias job and went and got her coffee made just how she liked it. I left it with Chante and she said she'd put it in her office for me. Creating well chasing Asia again how I did in the beginning all over again felt funny. All the feelings of I hope she likes it came back to me. Always wanting to impress her and make her smile was always my number one goal. Plus it was the small things that counted.

I got in my car and headed to the trap. I had some things to take care of. Back to business for me. I had a clear mind and I could finally think straight for once.

Yo what's good! D said as I pulled up getting out the car. He was standing on the street by his car talking to Murda and lil tray.

Shit can't call it! I said slapping him up and my other boys. "Lil tray why you ain't in school homie?"

Man that shit ain't for me!

What you mean nigga school for everybody.

Nah O2 for real that shit ain't for me. I'm dropping out.

To do what? Be a fuck up nigga get in my car.

Why?

You wanna sell on my blocks you gone do as I tell you. I said sternly. I hated seeing good kids go down the wrong path. Every lil nigga who thought he was gone work for me had to have some sort of diploma or degree under his belt. I don't fuck with stupid muthafucka. Knowledge is key and power!

We be tryna tell his ass 2! Murda said leaning back on the car folding his arms and legs.

Y'all know how these kids is they don't listen. Ima hit y'all when I get back. I jogged over to my car and got in to pull off. I was gone take lil tray to school.

You waisting yo time O2! This shit ain't for me and ain't gone neva be for me.

Why not? Give me one good reason this shit not for you B?

Our lights off and we bouta be evicted bro I need to be out here making money.

I hear you. I do trust me I use to be in many fucked up situations like that. Growing up for me was rough as hell. My mama couldn't give two fucks about me. But yo moma do. You know I'm order to work for me you gotta stay in school. Knowledge is power and can be the key to all your problems. You wanna be in the streets thinking it's gone make you some fast money but it's really only gone land you in jail or in the grave nigga. See you still young, you got a chance to be somebody out here. I ain't never gone tell you nun wrong jit. Stay in school I catch you on any block again during school hours yo ass outta here. You hear me?

Yeah I hear you!

Ight good you on probation fucker. And here. I reached in my pocket and pulled a small stack out it was about $1,500 I gave it to him and he had tears in his eyes. "Keep ya head up and do ya best, school first you got a month to get them grades up!"

Thanks O2, I appreciate it!

You welcome lil nigga now get the fuck out! I laughed slapping him up. Lil tray really was a good kid. Just got mixed in with the wrong crowed and once you in you in. I watched as he went into the school before pulling off. I headed to his apartment complex and found the rental office. I wanted to make an anonymous donation to his mother rent and get their lights back on. They was behind almost $5K. I paid it all and paid for the rest of the year and dropped a stack for their lights to get back on. The lady gave me the receipt and I went and slipt it under their house door and left. Single mothers always had a soft spot in my heart.

I finally made it back to the trap and some girl was out here tryna get some smoke. She looked clean and not your average addict but I know I've seen her before. It was Asias sister.

Don't sell to her! I said as I stepped on the stairs everyone looked confused. I grabbed her by her arm and pulled her to my car putting her in. "I know who you are!" I said sternly and she got scared.

You need to get clean!

I....I...I am I just needed something to calm my nerves.

If you needed something to calm your nerves than you ain't clean. You have a family who loves you and needs you and would be happy to see you.

I ain't got no damn family.

I opened my car door and pulled her out. "Asia is your family."

Asia...? Haven't heard that name in years....how do you know my sister?

She's my wife! My name is Carter this is my number you call me if you need anything.

So what? Like she told you our whole life story and you just decided to randomly help me. She laughed as I walked towards the door.

Nah when I see a person who could use the help I help them. Especially if it's the person I love, family is everything and I know she could use some of that.

She don't need me! Never has she okay by herself.

No she isn't! And even if she was she still needs her sister. Now get in here. I yelled. I met with Rebecca and told her not to let her leave until she was completely sober and clean. I don't care if it takes months to years do not let her leave the facility. I slid her a couple thousand and she got her checked in.

When Asia told me the story about her life and about her sister it touched home for me. I know she wishes she had family and not just her friends. I seen an opportunity and took it to help. Sometimes we just need to be pushed.