Part 2 Introduction

Ma you okay? Harmony asked. My belly was extremely swollen and heavy. I was literally about to bus.

Yes baby I'm just tired! I smiled a bit. So that's why I need you ladies to hurry up finish eating and get ready for bed.

Ma this food so good! By the way thank you! I'lan smiled stuffing chicken in her mouth.

Awww thank you baby I'm glad you like it.

I'll be back I'm going upstairs to get your showers ready, pajamas out and stuff ready for school!

Okay! They both sang at once.

I walked up the back steps and immediately got out of breath. Being 41 weeks pregnant was taking a toll on my body. I can't wait until Friday to get induced this little boy has to get out of me NOW! I went into Harmonys room first got her sleeping clothes out and started her shower. I grabbed her school clothes out and book bag checked homework and took the lunch box out. As I was walking to I'lans room I felt funny! It was so much pressure in my pelvic area.

With some of the money Carter left me a long time ago I got the house remodeled added 2 extra bedrooms one for I'lan and a nursery with two bathrooms inside of them. I got I'lans things ready as well. I grabbed both of their lunch boxes and made my way back to the kitchen. Soon as I hit the bottom step I felt trickles of water.

Uhhh did your water break? Harmony asked laughing.

I think it did! I laughed. I sat the lunch boxes on the counter and made their lunches.

Want me to call Aunty D? I'lan asked picking my phone up.

Not yet baby! Y'all done eating?

Yeah.

Okay who's turn is it for dishes?

Mine! I'lan said putting her dish in the sink.

I'll mop and sweep so it can go faster. Harmony said placing her plate into the sink.

Okay! I'm going to shower hurry up when y'all done get in the shower and ready for bed. I grabbed a piece of chicken and made my way upstairs. This little boy was finally coming after a whole week being late. Hard headed just like his daddy!

"My water broke!" I texted the group chat. Everybody instantly started calling.

I'm on my way! D said frantically in the phone. "Me too!" Chante smiled hard.

Okay yall know how to get in I'm getting in the shower bye! I smiled. I put my phone on the charger and grabbed my hospital bag out the closet. The diaper bag and car seat was already in the car so I was fine. I took all my stuff off and this was the last time I was gonna have this huge pregnant belly. I got in the shower and the hot water felt amazing on me! My contractions started coming so I hurried up and washed than got out. I had to sit for a minute to breathe. Being pregnant takes so much out of you.

I dried off lotioned down and hurried up and got dress in my Nike sweat suit. I checked on the girls and they was out their showers and getting ready for bed.

Okay babies I'm getting ready to leave out for the hospital Ms. Marry is on her way down here.

Okay! Safe delivery and I can't wait to meet my brother! Harmony smiled.

Me to! Did you come up with a name yet?

Not yet! Let's think of one now shall we?

Me personally I'm still going with I'lan Jr! I'lan laughed as she walked to her bed.

Girl bye! I laughed.

I don't know! Maybe you should just wait and see what he looks like to name him! Harmony smiled getting in her bed.

That's not a bad idea Harm! I smiled. I kissed them both Goodnight and tucked them in. Ms. Marry, Chante, and D was all coming in the door at once.

The girls are in bed lunches are made and I left a check for you on the kitchen counter thank you! I smiled hugging Ms. Marry.

Oh it's my pleasure darling you worry about that baby have a safe delivery and fast recovery good luck! She smiled hugging me back.

Thank you!

Okay I'll take this! Chante said taking my bag from me.

Got everything? D asked and I nodded my head yeah. "Let's go have us a baby!!!" She squealed excitedly.

Chante grabbed the baby bag and car seat from my car and we got into D car. I haven't had a child in 9 years I felt like this was all new to me again! I didn't know what to expect but the closer we got the more intense my contractions got.

When we got to the hospital the nurse took us right to labor and delivery I was 4cm dilated and was getting kept. They showed me to my room. I undressed than got hooked up to all these monitors. By the time I got settled it was almost 1:30am.

I'm so glad my girls was here by my side. I imagined Carter being by my side when I was giving birth but knowing he's doing life and can't be here and we still haven't talked to each other is what drove me insane. I tried to just push the thought of him to the back of my mind most times.

Time was going on and I was feeling my contractions bad. I really felt like I had to push honestly. I was in so much pain.

Ima go get the doctor! D said leaving the room. Chante stood next to me crying.

First I was here with you with Harmony now I'm here with you with this little guy! Chante cried.

Thank you! I can't do without you! I smiled through my cries and pain.

D returned with a nurse and she checked my cervix. She said she seen the head coming after I did a few practice pushes. My room soon filled with so many nurses and my doctors and everything was moving so fast.

Okay Mrs. Mitchell on a count of 3 your going to push your hardest! My doctor said as she sat between my legs getting ready to deliver my son.

1
2
3! I shut my eyes tight as she counted and prepared myself to push.

Your going to do amazing baby! I heard a voice in my ear. I opened my eyes and looked up. The biggest smile was on his face with the most proudest expression.

Your here!

I wasn't going to miss his birth for anything in this world! You got this! Carter smiled and kissed my forehead.

I held his hand. And he held my leg up with his other hand. On my next contraction I pushed my hardest. I can't believe I was about to birth my son and his daddy was right here with me.

Your doing amazing baby good job! Carter assured me.
I pushed so hard on my next contraction I was feeling exhausted.
"Take ya time baby you got this!"

I was in so much pain all his words of encouragement annoyed me. But after a few more pushed baby boy was finally here. Carter cut his umbilical cord and he cried. The nurses wiped him off weighed and measured him. I birthed a 5lb9oz, 20 inches long baby boy!

What are we going to name him? Carter asked as he wiped my tears away as I held our soon.

Carter Legend Mitchell Jr. I smiled looking up at him. My son looked just like his daddy.

After me?

Yeah...

I love it! I love you! He smiled before kissing me.

I love you more baby, welcome home!