Chapter 46

Mom I don't wanna go! Harmony wined as I helped her put her jacket on.

Harm we have to! It's important!

But why? He tried to kill me!

I know baby but he's your dad and everyone will be asking questions if you don't go. And member we don't want that!

Okay I guess!

Man fuck that nigga if my baby don't wanna go she don't have to! Carter said passing by her room.

Carter!

Asia! He yelled back and I rolled my eyes.

Look we not staying long okay.

I guess!

If it makes you feel better we get to have dinner with I'lan and Carters family....

What if they don't like us.?

Baby everybody loves us, don't think like that....

Okay!

Look Harmony go and act like you care and when you get back daddy will take you and I'lan to Target and you ladies can get whatever toys you want! Carter said kneeling down to her buttoning her coat. Bribing a kid to act like she care at her dads funeral is completely insane to me.

I grabbed my purse and keys and he stood up to
Kiss me. "I love you ladies!" He said smiling.

I love you too baby!

Love you too!

I opened the car door for Harm and she got in. I know Dante's mom was doing a closed casket cause of how bad Dante body was. His head wasn't even able to be attached back to his body.

When we got to the church my heart instantly dropped and that night played over and over and over again in my head. I was sad and mad!

I'm sad and mad! Harmony said crying.

Tell me what's wrong!

Why? Why mom? Why did he try to kill Me and I'lan why did he try to hurt you? Now I really don't have a dad!

Baby I wish I could tell you why......I feel the same way.....but you know that's why Carter is in your life now and he will never let anything happen to you and I'lan! And you know for damn sure I'm never gonna let anything happen to you!

I know ma!
We got out the car and I grabbed my daughters hand as we walked into the church. It was so sad and so many people was here. As we got closer to the front and to the casket. It was open....they had his body draped to the neck so you can only see his face. She said she was having a closed casket. His mom stood crying in front of it with another little girl about the same age or 2 younger than Harmony. Harmony bursted into tears as she seen her father. Her heart literally broke and you could see it all over her face. I grabbed my daughter and held her so tight!

My daddy! My daddy! She screamed to the top of her lungs in tears. So many of his family members came over to us in comfort of me and Harmony. Seeing Dante in that casket hurt my heart too. I loved that man so much I put up with so much Shìt only lord knows and it's just crazy as fuck how it all had to end. I held my daughter in my arms as she cried. She had so much family around her.

Hi I'm Danasia! Some girl said coming and sitting next to me. "We haven't met and I'm sorry the girls has to meet like this..... this is Danay and she really wants to meet her big sister!" The girl smiled.

What? I asked...I know this bitch didn't!

What? My daughter wants to meet her sister... it's been 6 years and he always said he was gone introduce them to each other but never did.

My daughter is crying hysterically she just lost her father and you think this is the right time to tell me that he was cheating on me 6 years ago CLEARLY had a fuckin baby on me and now In the middle of a fuckin funeral his funeral you think that shit is okay to introduce them. Bitch I'll smack the shit out you!

You ain't gone do a thing to me! Don't be mad at me you was getting cheated on!

Oweee come here, come here! His mom said pulling me away from her. I was so pissed off right now tears started coming down my face.

She don't know if that baby his! His aunt whispered to me as his mom hugged me.

I'm pissed! I'm fuckin pissed even while he is dead he still continues to hurt me.

It's okay baby we gone talk about it later. His mom cradled me as she was soothing Harmony. The pastor asked if anybody else would like to view the body and I got up. I walked to the casket and it's like I couldn't stop crying. I caressed his face and that beautiful hair he had.

I never thought we would have ever came to this. We was so young when we fell in love. I wish I could understand why you did what you did but I guess it's not ment for me to know. Despite it all I still love you and I hate that you cut your own time short. I just wanted you to be a great father to Harmony that's it that's all Dante! And I'm hurt because you couldn't do that without being with me but you kept hurting me and hurting me. It's your funeral and I have to find out you was cheating on me and have a child?! I want to get over it I do and I'm so happy.....

Take yo time! Chante said behind me rubbing my back. My sisters was standing behind me comforting me.

I'm so happy to have found a man, a man that genuinely loves me and cares for me in ways that only you desired to. He loves Harmony and treats her as his own and that's all she ever wanted. I say that to say we are in good hands. Thank you for the good times we did have. I'll always cherish that part of you. I'll always love you watch over Harmony she really does love you! I leaned in and kissed his cheek. I'll never forget the first time he kissed me. He told me to kiss his cheek and soon as I did he turned his head and kissed my lips.

I love you daddy.! Harmony sang wiping her tears. D picked her up and she kissed his forehead. They closed his casket and I had to go take my seat.

You okay? His father asked hugging me.

I'm fine! I cried.

Everyone and I mean everyone know and knew that boy loved you! I heard about what happened and I should of stopped him from going to your house that night he called me and told me he was going there to get you to be with him he just loved you and wanted you to be with him. He was so drunk that night and off some stuff. WhT he did when he did that he wasn't his self he was on something.

I know he had to be more than drunk....his eyes told it all it's like someone flipped a switch in his body I could literally see it before he attacked me....

Them drugs a make you do crazy things!

Mom I don't wanna be here anymore! Harmony cried coming over to me.

Hi princess!

Hi pop pop! She said hugging her grandfather.

We are going to go! I grabbed Harmony's hand we is not staying for the rest of the service. My sisters followed us out the church and so many people was trying to give us their condolences. The fresh air hit me and I couldn't be more than happy to get out of there.

My sisters pulled me and Harm into a huge hug and hugged us both. D said a prayer over us. I just needed a clear mind and to get back home!