Chapter 22

Come here! Carters voice lingered in my ear. It was 2am and he was just getting here. I sat up and rolled over to lay on his chest. "You Ight?"

No...

Stop thinking about that Shìt Ight.

I can't.... My life will be over. I'm the only one who's taking care of my daughter.

I got y'all. I dropped 5.6 mill in yo downstairs closet. You gone be set for life fuckin with me. If you lost yo job tomorrow yall will still be set. But it's not gone come To that.

How you know?

You trust me?

Yes!

Do you think I'd ever let anything happen to you?

No!

Look I'm falling in love with you....

You are?

Yeah...

But you was just with another girl.

Asia that was a damn client but I need you to understand something if you don't wanna be my girlfriend ima do me.

I do wanna be your girlfriend! I'm falling in love with you too I just don't wanna get hurt and I didn't wanna lose my job.

I'm not gonna hurt you. I got you!

Okay. He lifted my chin up and kissed me. He climbed on top of me as our kiss deepened and we started to make love to each other. Not fuck but love making! He felt amazing in me. I didn't want him
To stop!

___________________
I woke up in the morning feeling sick as hell. The more I thought about going to work the sicker I felt. I ran back into the bathroom and started throwing up. My stomach was turning.

You Ight? Carter asked coming into the bathroom.

No my stomach hurts. I stood up and felt dizzy.

You probably just nervous. You got this!

I am nervous!

Just do everything I tell you to. Call me off the other phone if you need me.

I don't wanna go!

You have to! Keep it cool and cute by the end of the week this nigga gone be dead, I'll Killing him myself!

You can't say that in front of me!

Baby you know what I do I ain't sugar coating Shìt no more. Plus I been waiting to blow that nigga shit back.

Carter!

No Asia fuck all that I ain't playin about you and that nigga really done it.

I hear you.

Just go to work you gone be good Ight.

Okay! I grabbed my tooth brush and brushed my teeth again. I went and finished getting dress. I felt fat so I just put on a pair of leggings and a sweater with my timbs. Carter walked me down to my car and made sure me and Harm was good before I pulled off.

Ma!

Yes baby?

I really like Carter better than daddy!

You do?

Yeah he's like a real dad plus he makes you happy! And he's the best dad to I'lan!

You know Harm he said you are amazing and I'm
Lucky to have you!

Now that me and I'lan are sisters you think he can be my dad too?

Harmony you have a dad!

Yeah but my dad isn't like him. He calls me princess and cares about me. My dad don't love me.

He loves you very much....

Than why doesn't he show it how Carter does to I'lan?

Well Harm sometimes parents are under a lot of stress...

Mom save it I'm old enough to know now. My dad doesn't care about me! I don't wanna talk about this no more.

Look he does care about you, he just have a hard time showing it!

Well it's not hard to show it. I'll call you when I get home from school.

Okay baby I love you!

I love you to! She got out the car so sad and I wanted to break down crying again. I pulled the other phone from my purse and called Carter.

Yes baby! He said answering.

Harmony just asked me can you be her dad!

What?

Yeah....she's to attached to you I told you that would happen.

You say that like it's a bad thing!

Carter it is!

And why is that? I'll talk to her when she gets out of school.

And tell her what?

That I'm her new dad fuck you think ima tell her.

Carter!

Asia!

Please don't do that, I do not want you to break my daughter heart.

I won't break your heart fuck makes you think I'll break hers?

Please just don't!

Asia have a good day at work I'll talk to you later Ight.

Okay bye! He hung up on me and I put the phone back in my purse. I parked in my usual parking spot and made my way into the building.

GoodMorning, I smiled at Erin as I walked into my office.

I take it as you had thought about what I said! He smiled coming in my office.

I did.....look you know I love my job and I don't like to mix business with pleasure. We are partners and I don't wanna ruin anything between us. You have been asking me on a date forever and I'd like to use that rain check now.

Good choice! Friday at 7?

Sounds good to me.! But why wait? Lunch today?

Ight cool! Let me know when you ready!

Okay. I smiled and he got up to leave. I grabbed my garbage can and started throwing up. My stomach was turning in knots!