Chapter 6

I was running so late for work this morning I forgot my purse. My head was just all over the place and I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. Waiting on Dante to come get Harmony this morning made us both late. The worse part is that he didn't even show up. I thought about just being with him so he could stop hurting my baby at this point. He always put me in a downward spiral when he did this! But today was Friday and we will start fresh on Monday!

Officer Ray, your parolee is here! Cindy said knocking on my door.

Who? I asked looking up from my computer. I only had afternoon clients today. "Send them back!"

GoodMorning! A male voice said with a smile. I looked up and it was Carter.

Mr. Mitchell I don't see you until next week! I said closing the door.

You ain't show up so that just ment you wanted me to come to your job it's cool stink I'm here! He laughed sitting down.

You are really annoying you know that?! I laughed. He grabbed me by my waist and sat me in his lap as he gave me my coffee. "Thank you!"

Stop trying to fight me, I told you I'm on yo heels!

I am your parole officer! Stop!

Asia if you wanted me to stop you would of been got off my lap.

You think you know everything?

In some sense yes I do, I know you want me just as bad as I want you!

Wrong! You have to leave, thank you for the coffee I do really appreciate it. I been all over the place this morning and I was running super late. I forgot my purse and everything I really needed this!

Why was you late, what's wrong let daddy fix all yo problems!

Who the fuck is daddy?! I bursted out laughing.

Thats what you gone be calling me, when I...(he moved my hair out my face!) why was you late?

Cause my daughter stupid father!

What he do want me to kill that nigga?

Yoooo, you must want me to violate you!

You ain't gone do that!

Why do you think that?

You'll miss me too much if I go back to jail.

Yeah right! One less problem I gotta worry about.

Oh now ima problem!

No! I said laughing. I looked at my door and I seen a shadow standing in front of it closely. "Okay Mr. Mitchell thanks for checking in and bringing me this information I asked for!" I said loudly. I knew it had to be Erin listening. I put my hands over Carters mouth and pointed to the door. Erin moved away from the door and I heard the door across from
Me close.

Yooo you fucked him or something?

What no!

Why he going like that over you than?

I don't know, I keep turning him down. But you really do have to go!

He better tighten up, for he get shot!

Okay say one more thing about a gun and ima violate yo ass! I said getting up from his lap.

Yeahhh no you ain't! He said as he pulled me back down.

Yes I am! Come on go. I got back up and sat my coffee on my desk.

Ight ima go! He said getting up smiling.

Thank you!

You welcome. He pulled me into a hug and I wrapped my arms around his neck. He was so tall he picked me up.

See you do to much! I laughed as he put me down.

Nah not enough! He reached in his pocket and took out his ringing phone. "Yo!" He said answering it. "Ight I'm leaving my shorty right now ima pull up!" He said before hanging up.

Who the fuck is your shorty?!

You, Asia! He laughed. "And since you forgot your purse. Here lunch on me!" He said as he slid two crisp 100 dollar bills on my desk.

Take this I don't want your money!

Girl bye! Have a good day at work wife!

You is really pushing it! I laughed. "You need this for yo fines!"

Oh you got jokes! It's already paid while you tryna be funny!

No they ain't!

Yes they is! He took the money from my hands and sat it back on my desk. "Bye bae!" He smiled widely walking out my office. I hurried up and closed my door cause Erin was just looking at me crazy. I felt super uncomfortable. I sat at the computer and pushed in Carter Mitchell. He definitely had all his fines paid. I laughed to myself and sipped my coffee.