Chapter 35

ASIA P.O.V.

I desperately wanted my life back on track, back before I met Carter. Back to my normalcy!
"Welcome back Asia!" People greeted me and smiled as I stepped off the elevator.

Hiiiiii! Chante squealed in excitement as she ran out the front reception office hugging me making me almost drop my things.

Thank you! I laughed trying to hug her back.

Come on, follow me! She smiled. She led the way to where my once old office was. She opened my door and it was exactly how I left it. I smiled as memories filled my head. John pulled some strings for me and got me back in here. Gave me a case load of just women to keep everything under the radar. I know it's gonna be a lot of talk in here about me sleeping with a parolee but as far as everyone knows it's really just a rumor. I don't give a fuck no one is going to say anything to me so the side comments and shit can kiss my ass. No one knew anything for sure.

I took everything out the box and started to set up my office how it was once before to my liking. I sat in my chair pulling some stuff out the box and my name tag for my desk fell out. It was a block with my name carved in it. Officer Raye which a giant X crossed out and written Mitchell on it from Carter. I hated that my body was still filled with hormones from my pregnancy. Although I was mostly always just angry this made me tear up. I tried not to ruin my make up but I couldn't stop crying. I haven't cried in a long time. I been balling everything up and I didn't expect this to make me break. It's always the little things. I took the name tag off my desk and stuffed it in my jewer. I wiped my eyes and blew my nose. This new journey getting back to myself was gonna be hard but it was something I needed to do for me and my children.

Owe girl what's wrong with you? Chante asked coming into my office.

Nothing I'm fine!

You sure? She asked coming in and closing the door back.

Yeah I'm okay!

Do I need to call the girls?

No I'm fine! I laughed. "It's just that I never thought I'd be here again. I lost my entire career and now I'm back. It's bitter sweet. I loved my job and now I get to do what I once loved again.

Okay sentimental and shit! I'm going on lunch wanna join?

Yeah sure! I finished putting everything where I wanted it to be and my office looked like it once did before. I was so happy! I grabbed my purse to leave out and bumped into a familiar face and he smiled hard.

I been riding solo since you left me! He smiled.

It's great to see you again!

Welcome back! Hopefully we still can be partners.

You never know, and thank you! I'll see you around! I smiled. I caught the elevator for me and Chante just in time.

Yesss just like old times! She squealed in excitement.

I think you more excited then me. I laughed as we stepped off the elevator.

Damn near! It's been a long time. I really missed you girl.

I missed you too, all of you. I owe everyone an apology I know I haven't been being the best sister/ friend these past couple months with so much going on. I just need to thank y'all for always being there for me.

Don't do that Asia! Your always there for everybody and never not once let us be by ourselves or anything when our times of need. You never needed us to be strong for you up until now. Your storm is our storm and we gone always stick besides you because that's what sisters do. You don't always have to be the strong sister.