Chapter Four

Scarlett Louviere

The sun glowed through my window partially blinding me but also providing me with enough light to take in the details of my room and the open curtains that gave me a decent view over the Hamptons.

Sitting up in bed I stared across the room thankful that there wasn't a mirror for me to see my likely extremely messy hair.

Pushing the cream sheets off of me I walked into the bathroom to see the expected state of my hair.

My chocolate coloured eyes too in the brunette birds nest on top of my head, having gotten that way from how ruffled it got while I slept. It also never looked notty the mornings I would wake up with Nathan beside me. He always finger combed my hair just about smooth before I fell asleep and then until he was just about asleep.

I could still picture the few mornings I'd woken up beside him. Memory taunted me with the sensation of his touch as I shut my eyes as I leaned on the counter.

The only problem was in a week I was to be in Connecticut at Yale preparing for a year of business administration.

Quickly showering I made sure to be as ready as possible for driving all the way to Yale in the next few days. My closet was practically empty considering I would be in a dorm house with various other girls.

My only pleasure was simply that where I was going there would be other people like me.

I just hoped I wouldn't see Nathan on my way there because I couldn't handle it, I wouldn't be able to handle watching him be so close yet so far. That was the whole point of the break up grow and get where we needed to possibly restart all over again.

After getting dressed I walked back across the room to where I left one of my books, which led me into view of the expansive Winters Estate.

The modern traditional home of Adrian and Olivia that stood as the most clear representation of their wealth. I also couldn't hate them. In fact I could tell Olivia liked me and Adrian though stoic was incredibly polite and often when I'd spent time with Abigail and Izzy he was there.

They were an actual family even though the whole family was worth hundreds of billions. I occasionally envied it though in the sense that they saw their parents, I just got to grow up with the few moments of normality sprinkled in more and more in the last few years.

Except now I was walking away from it all to go to a separate state and attempt to make the best of the year away from home. My French accent would lead to certain assumptions but to the few that either came from Thornbrook or the various other programs that would allow a select group of students to go to the school I may be recognized.

For Nathan it was different. He was modern royalty at this point, I actually wouldn't be too surprised if he blatantly ignores any attention that comes his ways simply to stay out of the sight of the media for the next year.

Other then New York's prince drives an Aston Martin.

Attempting to clear my mind of Nathan had been a chore over the summer and I couldn't do it, I completely remained unable to do it. The face of Nathanial Winters was permanently imbedded in me.

Taking the book I walked over to the bag that held a decent portion of the books I owned mostly new ones I'd bought and hadn't gotten to reading. Four duffel bags had to go into my Ferrari Portofino.

Over the summer I had the few white vehicles out of my collection changed into red with black interior so that they'd all match. I also would be leaving the five others that I personally drove here under the care of Phillip who I know would take care of them in my absence.