Chapter Fifty Seven

Nathanial Winters

Waking up one morning I rolled over to find Arilynn had already gotten up and had clearly left our room since she had the habit of leaving the door open when she had finished getting ready for the day.

Crossing the room I stopped at the window and looked out on Boston which was covered in a golden sunlight. My penthouse was in a prime location where I could look around at the world and I was perfectly fine with that.

I then turned away from the warmth against my skin before walking down a hallway and into my large bathroom and undressed before connecting my phone to the speakers in the room.

Standing in front of the window I looked out once more before getting into the shower and turning on the hottest setting of what already was a droplet littered black tile shower.

I had already begun the main question of my day which was what car I wanted to drive to work. I didn't have a ton of options but I had them.

Four specifically.

Getting out I dried off and left the bathroom and used my foot to shut my bedroom door.

I had to work through class today something my profs knew in fact some of them had been kind enough to excuse me from the class today.

Benefits to knowing everything that was being covered in class.

Walking into the closet I picked out a pair of black trousers, and a zigzag ribbed pullover.

Once I had gotten dressed I styled my hair and cleaned off the stubble that had grown on my face which I honestly didn't really like.

I then walked out into the kitchen area where Arilynn was making breakfast and dancing to music.

Leaning in the doorframe I watched her for a few moments which surprised me that she hadn't seen me considering the doorframe was farther up meaning she should have been able to seen me.

"Are you going to stand there and gawk" she chimes with that small innocent smile that always seemed to remind me that she was about as pure of a girl as one could get while not being naïve.

"Well good morning to you too Arilynn" I say moving towards where she stood.

"Also I don't gawk, I admire" I add stopping in front of her and putting my hands on her lower back while my arms rested on her hips.

"Mhm, do you like the outfit I thought it was cute?" she asks looking down at her white crewneck with slightly flaired sleeves, pleated dark cream skirt, and knee length suede boots.

"I wanted to look a little more girly today" she beams.

"You definitely accomplished that love" I say reaching up to lift her head slightly before kissing her.

Arilynn then pushed herself up and pressed her lips more against mine.

"Since I know you'll vanish when we get to school, you have your morning kisses".

"I do not vanish, people just don't pay attention to where I've gone" I quip and she hums.

"Be your handsome self and have breakfast" she instructs and I laugh but listen anyways.

"What do you have today".

"I'm attending to meetings with my board today and I will definitely have one with Tatyana today to organize the coming week".

"Do you own your board or do you have to listen to them?".

"If you're asking me if I was willing to let my company be publicly owned which is what that would mean. Then no, Nexus Software will in a few months belong to Winters Group International".