Chapter Sixteen

Nathanial Winters

The boys had convinced me to go to a party and I had been acting indifferent the whole time that we all drove there in a convoy.

The various other people that were going popped up though certain groups were being reckless and I was surprised it never led to an accident.

I also desperately wished I had my 765LT so I could put all of these dumb rich kids in their place for being idiots in their BMW's and Audi's.

Eventually we got to a large house owned by Landon Saint he was one of the people I used to go to Thornbrook with, and his father and mine knew one another for the past twenty years which felt weird in the sense that not only was my family incredibly feared and respected in the business world I was months away from inheriting my parents friends and enemies.

Probably why I chose to attend galas and charity events. I could earn my own reputation in the world I was surrounded by.

Which was what this was a formal party that was likely to become a fucking shit show as expected. These were all people who if you weren't known you didn't get through the door.

Pulling through the gate of the house I made my way up to the main parking area and slowed at the valet stall where the sharply dressed man stood stiffly.

I then rolled down my window to speak to him.

"Good evening, I'd rather do it myself where do you want it?" I ask removing my sunglasses.

"Next to the R8" he says gesturing to the spot by the white sports car.

"Thank you" I say pulling off and looping before backing in while Arilynn smiled coyly in the passenger seat casting the occasional look at me as I did so.

"How the hell you back in perfect every time I will never know?" she remarks with a small head shake while I watch various other people arrive including my long time friend Yana Khaliya.

"Skill" I smirk before pushing open the door to my car and grabbing the blazer in the back seat.

Tucking it over my left arm while putting the corresponding hand in my pocket I shut my door and walked around to the passenger side to Arilynn where I opened the door and helped her out.

She was dressed in navy blue which matched the watch I'd chosen the rest of my suit was nearly black.

"Thank you" she says adjusting the pin that resided in her hair holding it all together in a similar way to how it was on the first day I met her.

Yana then spotted us and walked over to us dressed in her typical gold.

"Nathanial good to see you here" she beams.

"You too Yana" I reply before turning, "this is Arilynn Hamilton" I gesture to the girl next to me whose waist was wrapped by my free arm.

"You're very pretty, she's very pretty" Yana says looking from Arilynn to me.

"So are you" my date comments and Yana smiles.

"Thank you" the curly haired arab girl replies before we all walked towards the door of the house before walking inside to see a table covered in presents since it was Landon's sister's birthday.

The boys were already here along with Chloe, Lea, and my sisters. All of them dressed for event all the whole Landon and his sister Britney stood together, along with their parents who were already drinking.

Coveted wealthy event makes sense.

Letting go of Arilynn's waist I pulled on my blazer so that I didn't stand out amongst the crowd though most people here knew me or would at least recognize small distinctions of my dad.