Chapter Twenty One

Nathanial Winters

To say I'd done something bold would be an understatement. I wanted to at least inform Arilynn of who I was, and that meant I would like to at least prove it to her, just I wanted the execution to be done in glamour.

I wouldn't be a Winters if I didn't have a flare for the dramatic.

Walking out of the house, I went over to where my Chiron had been parked since its arrival last night.

I thought that if anything I might as well christen this night with one of my favourite cars.

Sliding into the plush leather interior and starting it, I drove off towards the Harvard Sorority where Arilynn was getting ready for our date.

I'd chosen to tell her to dress warmly since we were going to the ocean. The Atlas had sailed up here to Boston, where it seemed the most fitting to have some minor mystery follow its arrival.

Getting to the gates of the residential area of Harvard, I slowed, allowing the car to coast along the road towards where Arilynn lived before pulling to the curb and stopping to park.

As I stepped out of the car, I pushed the door shut to the eyewateringly expensive car and walked slowly around the car before heading up the long steps to the front door.

"Nathan, don't scare her." I hear someone call, and I turn to see Izzy drive by towards her own home.

"Don't plan too," I call back before the G-Wagon window rolled up, and I turned back to the door, knocking gently before pushing my hands back into my pocket.

When the door opened, I was met by Arilynn dressed in matching shade of black as me. Suede two-inch heeled boots that went to above her knee wrap skirt and a horizontal ribbed long-sleeved shirt.

Her hair was braided back and held together while the rest of her hair hung down over her shoulders and back.

"You look beautiful, Arilynn," I say without thinking and giving her a soft smile while she blushes.

"I wasn't trying," she says, looking up at me despite the rosy tinge on her cheeks that she typically hid.

"That's because you always will be flawless in my eyes" I smirk before I see Sarah come downstairs along with Natalia talking which shocked me for half a second that she was dormmates with the girl I was about to go on a date with.

"Nathanial," she says, spotting me.

"Natalia, I didn't know you were dorming here," I state, looking down at the girl beside me, who looked utterly surprised.

"Yeah, they were looking for a place to put me," she says, wringing her hands slowly. A nervous tick of hers.

"Well then, you'll be seeing a lot of me coming to get this one," I say, wrapping my arms around Arilynn's waist.

She'd never once complained or told me not to. There also seemed to be something between us, just what it was I didn't know. I liked her, in a way I wasn't able to put into words to either myself or her.

"I'll let you two go then," she says, smiling weakly before I gently guide Arilynn out of the door, which shuts behind us.

"Natalia looked sad when you wrapped your arms around me," Arilynn says, looking up at me.

"She's been like that for a long time. I got pretty used to seeing her upset, so it's sort of normal. Natalia was also always a jealous girl. So be prepared if she tries anything, " I explain, and she nods before she caught sight of the car I drove here.

"Where the hell did you get this?" she asks, shocked.

"I'll explain on the way to our destination. I'd suggest being ready to be a little surprised, " I say, opening the door for her.