Chapter Five

The day had drifted away at the Winters home where I had always been welcomed openly. There was just a small piece of being there that always made me feel like family yet I wasn't. I wasn't even their son's boyfriend anymore. I was close to his sisters but I didn't really want to know what would happen when they found out I initiated the break up.

Walking out of the door I followed the path down to my car before unlocking it and getting into the shiny red sports car that had been washed and shined in the absence of me driving it. Cars were washed once a week if they sat in the driveway. If like the cars in Adrian's garage they all were done once a month because they only every were exposed to the elements for a few yours per day individually and it took about a month for them to be all used.

Everything was systematic with them but the whole effort of having their life spotless was clear. It also fit with the reputation of the family.

Nathan also had been managing an IPO one of the largest of any software company with a four hundred million dollar stock price that he had apparently been slowly recapturing by purchasing other tech companies and using those assets to buy out investment.

No one could prove it because well purchasing history was private, and he refused to speak on it since the plan was to go dark over the summer. He wanted to vanish, so Harvard could be the place where he could focus.

Smart.

Leaving the property I started on my way towards New York City and the four hour drive to New Haven.

I'd end up getting there around midnight which wasn't preferable but none the less I'd have arrived at my destination.

An hour later I got to the Brooklyn Bridge where traffic was starting to lessen at this time of night in certain parts of the city and in others was essentially nonexistent.

From here I could see the grey and black tower with the stylized W three quarters of the way up the building.

Winters Group International and then around it was the One World Trade Centre with the buildings owned by the parents of all my friends. Louviere Financial didn't actually factor into it that tower was closer to Midtown.

Again apparently Nexus Headquarters was being built in Seattle close to the Amazon Headquarters.

The rumours around the Winters were always so uncertain no one could confirm anything but then again that family paid to make sure no one knew a damn thing about them. They fuelled the rumours yet world wide they were the truest form of American success.

Turning away I left onto an exit and began heading up through the city naming each district as I did so until I was past Scarsdale and once again towards Connecticut down from White Plains to Port Chester.

There was so much to this state that I likely would never see yet I found it beyond interesting as I'd only seen so much of the US. I hadn't been out of New York, and Connecticut. Two out of forty-nine states.

As I got to the border I passed through before finally getting to enjoy my drive as I wasn't as surrounded by towns and residential communities for a while.

Some cities however I got into and was slowed right down but I definitely got to see them I even got to see Stamford and the students arriving at ten o'clock at night to their dorm houses.

For me I was given an address of a house in New Haven and had been following it for the entire time I had been driving though I purposefully was going to Yale just so I could estimate how long it would take to get to class in a few days time.

Eventually though I made it to the city at exactly midnight and was staring now at the Yale campus.

The eloquent gothic stone university was quite pretty and I could definitely say I was proud of myself for getting accepted to this specific university.