Chapter Sixty Three

Nathanial Winters

It had been a few days that had passed since Arilynn and I had returned to Boston. Except now I was having to focus more on work and that meant meetings, which was the sole reason I was slowing to a stop outside the Massachusetts Nexus headquarters.

Parking the car, which for today was my 918 Spyder which I was almost too tall to fit in, and letting out a sigh I pushed open the door and stepped out in a crisp recently resized Navy blue suit.

A young mother who had to be no older then twenty-two or three at most was walking by hand in hand with a little boy and girl both seemed keen on trying to race off and point in any direction.

"Mommy look at that car" the boy says tearing free of his mothers hold and running what would only have been three of my steps to stop on the edge of the curb and look at my car while the weary mother attempted to catch her free auburn haired child.

I had stopped to watch the exchange and found it funny that the boy was standing no more then three feet from me and hadn't said a word since a shocked look had appeared on his face.

My dad even had stories of kids doing this. So surprised to see something like a supercar that they were transfixed by them.

"Brayden away from that man's car you might scratch it I don't want to have to sell a kidney" the mom says and I just laugh lightly which catches the boys attention.

"You shouldn't go running off from your mom, I don't mind you looking. But stay closer to your mother" I say before walking away and locking the car over my shoulder.

Getting to the door I stepped through the automatic doors into a white lobby with black marble flooring and metallic hexagon screens to frame the reception area and occasional spaces along the wall with signs over stating what area of the building the hallway below led to.

Many of the staff here were slender bleach blonde woman and I wondered if that was to make the staff seem unified or simply that the Director had a preference for them.

Stopping at the desk which carried the marble theme while behind it there were sheets of white marble against black metal and I was simply reminded that I'd spent ten million dollars on the lobby to this building alone.

"Good morning, I'd like to speak with the Directors gathered here at current" I say stopping with my hands in my pockets while the staff glanced at me in my five thousand dollar Giorgenti suit.

"They are busy preparing for a meeting" the receptionist says only then looking up and being met by me giving her a soft smile.

"I hope you don't greet all visitors with dismissiveness" I muse and she swallowed hard.

Good you should be worried.

"Mr. Winters" she says.

"Don't let it happen again to anyone who walks through that front door" I say the smile never leaving my face.

"Would you please inform them I'm here" I add leaving the girl to organize herself as I walked to the elevator.

I had partially debated firing her, but I also understood that patience was a virtue and the little boy outside had brightened my mood enough to not do what I thought.

Pressing the button I waited for the ding of the elevator and stepped inside before pressing the button to go up to the fifty fifth floor, which was also the top of the tower.

I didn't really want to have to attend this meeting but the more I thought about how I was initiating the next step of the Winters Family legacy the more I had no issue with walking into a room and informing the Director for the Boston branch of Nexus that in three months I would be signing over ownership of the company to Winters Group International under the subsidiary act.