Chapter Thirteen

Walking out of the house the following Monday I crossed the driveway to my car which was prestarted so that I could get into a warm car.

Slipping into the drivers seat I did a quick check of my socials before driving to school only to see a post from Scarlett with her and a untagged person who was out of frame at a pier, along with a party and her doormates along with her posing in the theatre of their sorority house.

At least she's having fun.

I was having my own fun though. That weekend the boys and I had gone on a trip to a few of the historic sites in Massachusetts as part of our history course.

We also may have gone out for hours after the fact with the girls, which led to a lot of pictures taken for a project.

Rain poured once again in Boston and I genuinely wished it wasn't. I didn't mind rain but it was when I was wearing something I'd rather not have to wear wet clothing.

Cruising through the streets of Boston listening to music far to loud to likely be safe so I was more cautious while following people and navigating the chaotic traffic of the city.

Getting to Harvard's campus I slowly drove through the roads to the student lot being careful to avoid getting close to anyone who ran through the rain to get to their class.

Just a bunch of dumb asses trying not to get soaked.

I couldn't look at people with scorn though this was Harvard and most kids here were geniuses that was simply the way it went. That piece of me enjoyed how much pressure there was to outshine everyone else.

I had just about gotten to the lot when all of a sudden my phone buzzed and I glanced over to see that Izzy had messaged me.

Pulling over I parked and took my phone before looking at it my foot still planted firmly on the brake petal.

Izzy

Nathan, Arilynn's car is broken down, and until you admit that you're a Winters we can't help her.
Recieved 8:03

Can she not call a mechanic?
Read 8:05

Don't think she wants to pull out her phone, she also looks cold and wet
Recieved 8:06

Fine, I'm on my way
Sent 8:07

Setting my phone back down I pulled out of the spot and around losing some control of the back end of my car before correcting it and heading towards Arilynn's house.

In the end I got there just a few minutes later before I spotted Arilynn outside in the pouring rain looking at her engine and attempting to see what was wrong. As I neared she glanced up at my car while I pulled into the spot in front of her once again on the double line.

Reaching into my back seat I grabbed my change of clothing and changed into that since I kept them for either mechanic work or to simply change if needed.

Getting out of the car I then walked to the trunk and opened it before getting the tool kit out from under the back flooring panel so that I could go help this poor girl.

She looked upset being soaked through all layers of her clothing her hair was even dripping and all I could see was someone who looked distraught and disheartened.

"Arilynn, go get changed I'll fix this, and if I can't right now I'll drive you to class" I say as the rain made my white shirt and dark blue jeans a second skin.