Chapter Forty Six

Adrian Winters

The sun was orange the colour of melted copper and gold. The clouds thin veiled across the sky providing a place for the rising sun to seek shelter from on it's ascent through till the middle of the day.

 Dressed in my typical attire of black trousers and a fitted button up shirt with the sleeves folded to my elbows I stood on the foredeck of the Skoteino looking around Palm Beach from my perch at the tip of my six hundred forty foot personal cruise ship. 

I'd been cautious, people when they lost as much as Kennith Louviere, always made attempts to do things that were both illegal, and life threatening in regard to my family and myself. Thus my PPO's wandered the deck brandishing AK-19's in front of their bullet resistant shirts that were under the typical blazers I got them to wear.

My flagship yacht was now a fortress where Olivia and I were half a kilometer away from Florida. My focus was on my family and keeping them safe. Over the ocean in Marbella too was most of my living family save for those in New York but the Harrington's always came to Palm Beach with Olivia and I.

Half a lifetime of friendship and Nico never leaves, same as the boys. That's the truest form of friendship I could ask for.

"Mon diable" Olivia calls out and I turn around to find her walking over to me dressed in a thick white pearl coloured kimono-wrap dress that flowed behind her. Thirty years with this woman and I could swear she gets more beautiful each day.

Then again I'm a fool to have ever thought angels don't fall for devils.

I wouldn't trade her for anything, but I'd burn down the whole world for her, and she sure as hell knew it just the same as I do.

"Bellissima" I reply reaching out my hand to her and feeling her small nimble hand placed against mine. I wasn't afraid of committing to someone because of this woman who gave me more chances then I ever deserved but none the less she gave me them.

Yet now here we were once again in a similar position to what it was like before Nathan was born, and even during the few years after the event at Lake Como. People were going to hurt my family if given the choice and I couldn't let that happen. 

"You've been out here all morning, it's ten and you haven't even eaten this morning" she says looking up at me with those dual coloured eyes that I loved so much.

"I'm thinking about everything" I admit.

"Don't, for once allow your mind to be at peace. You pay for the best security in the world let's go into Palm Beach, we can go visit with Nico and Kate for the day. It'll be good for you to have a distraction" Olivia says rubbing my arm gently.

"I live with you, you're a distraction enough because of how pretty you are" I say.

"Flattery really will get you everywhere in life".

"Didn't get me this yacht, a mistake did" I laugh still remembering the circumstances that led to me.

"I'll tell Elijah that you're going to shore" Olivia says detaching herself from me and walking off towards the halls of the yacht and disappearing inside while I stood laughing lightly at the fact that Olivia just decided on what our day would consist of.

That woman is perfect.

Looking back at the shoreline I saw people walking out on the beach and staying away from the compound that I owned however Palm Beach was entirely owned by wealthy owners so we all knew that stepping onto someone else's property typically meant being questioned or one was already invited and it made no difference.