Chapter Nine

Scarlett Louviere

There was a party being hosted at some house outside of New Haven where the entirety of the school was apparently going just it was more for fun then anything else. A get to know party.

Courtney and Tessa were getting ready at the vanity space in my closet while I was in the bathroom.

My party experiences over the past year were gala's or the house parties at various houses. This would probably be different from what I was used to.

I also would get the chance to go back to myself to who I was before dealing with the break up with Nathan. He'd been in Boston for a week and here I was restarting. I actually hoped he was happy that he was enjoying being in Boston at Harvard.

"Scarlett, come on Vanessa is driving us" Tessa says from the bathroom doorway. All the girls had agreed to either wear skirts or dresses that went to lower thigh along with the theme of black and gold which had led to Tessa picking out a golden sequin skirt, a black sheer flair sleeved shirt with a sports bra underneath to not flash anyone since she hadn't realized how see through the shirt she'd chosen was.

Courtney simply chose a rose gold satin spaghetti strag dress, and a matching Chanel clutch.

Vanessa was clearly the most formal of all of us a sparkly black single shoulder strapped top that was tucked into a leathery looking skirt that went to her knee on one side. Golden hoops hung from her ears, with the matched suede heels with the red bottom part being gold.

One pair of her large shoe collection.

I was roughly equally dressed in a velvet off shoulder bodycon dress that had sleeves since I tried often to be elegantly covered in a fitting way to wherever I was going. Like Vanessa I'd chosen golden jewelry, two rings, a pair of simple earrings and a matching hair stick.

"What about our other two dormmates?" I ask referring to Steph and Maddy who were both loners who kept to themselves and lived in the East wing of the manor leading to me learning that the house was technically two and that four people lived in each but the houses were connected by a shared kitchen and dining room. The other two also had night classes and we had day classes thus separating when we saw eachother by sheer chance.

"They are studying for courses apparently they have a mid term in October and so they're preparing a month in advance" Tessa says.

"Look at you all, y'all look gorgeous" Courtney says as she walks into the room.

"So do you" I say and she waves her hand dismissively.

"Stop, you'll make me blush" she says with a bright smile.

Then we watch Vanessa who is tall and slender her impeccably done appearance adds to the raven haired girls beauty. It was kind that made anyone nervous even I could feel the quickening of my heartbeat as she entered the room.

She was mysterious but came from a powerful East Coast family she also regarded everything with control and mystery like she had to understand it.

"Be nice to see you blush Court" she says using her phone to adjust her lip gloss.

"Tess, what do you think" Vanessa adds looking to the redheaded girl.

"I mean it would add to how pretty she is" Tessa says and Courtney actually blushes this time.

"Let's get going then" Vanessa says turning and we all leave my room down to the front door and out to her Ghost.

Getting into the shiny car we all got comfy before driving off towards wherever this house party was while music played from the speakers. Not everyone could handle Vanessa's bad bitch playlist which was what it was actually called.