Chapter Fifty Five

Pulling into the parking lot of Yale beneath pouring rain, the water droplets plinking against the windshield I looked out at all of the students rushing to class while I just sat and stared at all of them.

I was starting to make the adjustment to not being at the Sorority as often as I previously had been. Courtney, and Tessa had changed their classes and were loving the night time courses. However this meant Vanessa and I didn't get to see them that often and apparently though it was fine and normal for them we all were somewhat awake for the duration of them getting ready for school.

Last night there had been a major party that both Vanessa and I dismissed going to instead using it to get to know one another more since we both were secluded in our own way.

Both of us talked about everything going on through the previous semester and I got to learn a bit about her and how growing up as a lesser known family in New York's upper echelons of power players made her feel normal. In exchange she heard the full story about what Louis Lycée was like for me.

Now the following day I now watched her park not far away from me in her car which I had found since day one that she disregarded it as the kind of car that someone normally gets driven around in and treated it as a more expensive luxury sedan.

No way anyone would fault her for that though.

Getting out of the car I pulled my hood up and jogged to the door locking my car over my head as I did.

As I stepped inside the school feeling slightly damp I made my way to the first class of the day which was Logistics.

That was until I realized that I had less then five months before the year was over and it likely wouldn't be very long before that was over and done with.

Finding a place to sit down which wasn't very far away from Vanessa who was on her phone, and texting furiously before my own phone dinged and I glanced down at the screen.

Vanessa

How do you think this class will be, I'm looking forward to being bored as hell
Received 8:42

I think it won't be bad if we at least pay attention, maybe we'll get to do something fun for a project or something
Read 8:43

No professor is that fun, but maybe
Received 8:44

If we get a project we can suffer together
Read 8:45

That's encouraging, I feel very motivated.
Received 8:46

Haha, very funny sarcasm. I think the last time I heard some from a raven haired person it was from Nathan
Read 8:47

Or his dad, I do get it from them. Well from Adrian probably, since I'm his surrogate daughter
Received 8:48

What?

Tilting my phone I looked over at her to see her glance at me, and for a brief second I see it the same sharp cheek structure and wavy hair, she could make herself just as regal and poised as Adrian could which made me wonder just how much of the Winters Family confidence was genetic, instead of built.

You're going to have to explain some more that's news, I mean I kind of wondered but still, your dad and Adrian Winters are separated by a divergent genetic pool as he is your uncle
Read 8:49